First crash...now what

I’m sorry, maybe the humorous intention got lost in translation. English is not my native language.

I thought it was funny that I thought of myself as the contrary of what he described the typical 18 - 25 year old to be: An avid user of the forum and generally very careful with my belongings.
On the other hand, I just did exactly the thing he predicted us adolescents to do: I used a broken bike part without a second thought because I couldn’t afford to replace it, hoping for the best. So my own behavior was negating my previous statement where I claimed to be different.

@Dr_Alex_Harrison I’m sorry if it came across wrong. I am not offended - it was meant humorously.

@FrankTuna And of course I wish you a speedy recovery! Better a broken bike (part) than a broken bone!

2 Likes

You got me bad here. Was cracking my knuckles up into full keyboard warrior mode.

But, then I read this:

Much love. :facepunch: @Jvnnick

You were (are?) the opposite of me! :slight_smile:

This explanation helped me understand your humor. Fabulous deadpan by the way! Glad you’re here on the forum!

2 Likes

glad you are ok!

1 Like

All reasons for N+1 are good reasons. Glad you’re ok, I’d definitely have the whole bike inspected and be prepared to buy new bars. That tear in the tape looks gnarly AF (from my couch, and with my keyboard).

There are only two reason NOT to buy extra bikes, 1 = money and 2 = space. Other than those reasons, two, or three, of every type of bike can easily be justified.

1 Like

You are so right about the helmet! I don’t remember hitting my head (I was never knocked out…just happened super fast) but I found dents!

As much as it pains me to buy another helmet, I’ll take a dented helmet over a dented skull any day.

1 Like

Yup, the helmet is a goner. But it did its job and sacrificed itself for you.

Get a crash replacement, last time I got a 40~50 % discount. (Unless you want to change brands, that is.)

1 Like

Definitely toast. RIP, lid.

Definitely, but Specialized will require the original receipt….unless your LBS remembers you buying it.

2 Likes

I ride a lot on gravel. Generally quiet roads, with not a lot of traffic.

With the Varia, you can ride whatever line you like - and get alerted when a car is approaching from behind, giving plenty of warning to move right.

Without the Varia, I was either always riding on the right, or always checking over my shoulder - or sometimes not, and get scared sh!tless when a car surprises me by passing.

I was a skeptic before I got it, but I’ll not ride anymore without it.

1 Like