Finally concluded that I need help turning my life around

March 2017 I was exactly at the same point as you are.

I’m 165cm(5’ 4’') short and I weighed 109kg(240lbs). I’ve tried everything from calorie counting to LCHF. But when I started intermittent fasting is what kickstarted. Generally fasting worked very well for me even though I probably lost a lot of muscles in the meantime that wasn’t my priority.

December 2017 I weighed 68,8kg.

However!

Things that I consider important and things I’ve learned.

• I ramped up training hours from 2-3hrs/week to 8hrs/week. That probably contributed more than just fasting.
  • I did NOT exclude candy/desserts and other stuff I like because that would’ve killed my diet immediately.

The hardest part of loosing weight is the long damn journey after hitting a target weight. Because by then you’ll want and need to convert all the remaining visible fat to muscles and that’s when the really hard part takes over. I’m still at that being sub 70kg and round 18-19% bodyfat according to my Withings scale. I strength train and train around 12hrs/week now and I’ve gone to just doing a fasted ride on Sundays and fuel for workouts the other days. Otherwise I’m counting calories because my eating habits are just now starting to get to normal levels.

Sorry for a long reply I really wanted to make it short but I have so much to say about this considering what I’ve done. Which by no means I find extraordinary or special but just what I needed to do.

3 Likes