Feeling hunger after eating - Fear of diabities

Seriously, I have no idea why you are eating so little. One fruit for a snack? Yoghurt with muesli for breakfast without any added carbs? 4 slices of wholegrain bread for lunch? 30g carbs is “a lot” for an endurance ride? There’s so much to unpack here…

You are 70kg and do serious endurance training. If we go by the standard 8g/kg of bw of carbs, that puts your need of carbs at 560g. That is A LOT more than you consume right now! I am larger than you at 84kg, but here is an example on how I would eat on a day with one light 2h endurance ride (I generally ride 12-15h per week, ftp around 350w).

Breakfast:

• 150g oats, topped with 30g of raspberry jam
  • 250g quark with 50g berries

Lunch:

• 150g rice with lots of vegetables and some lean protein. For example, yesterday I did a tofu wok with around 250g tofu and 300g assorted vegetables, fried with oyster sauce, soy and chili.

Afternoon snack:

• 4 large slices of bread with jam, two bananas, apple and clementine

2h endurance ride:

• 140g sugar in a bottle

Dinner:

• 150g pasta with homemade chicken arrabiata sauce with ~300g vegetables

Before sleep:

• Two bananas, four large slices of bread with margarine, whey shake with ~35g whey isolate

You get ~250-300g of carbs from the pasta/oats/rice, 100-150g of carbs from the bread (depending on the slices), another 100-150g from the fruit / jam / berries, and 140g from the sugar drink.

7 Likes