Elite Direto X - is this right?

*If they’re set to power smooth. This is something you can switch off on all Kickrs.

I fixed it by returning it and buying a Saris H3 on 20% off sale. The price difference was negligible after discount. I couldn’t justify fighting a brand new high ticket purchase to make it work as expected. So far the Saris is better in every way that matters to me. I plan to ramp test today. I’ll post the data.

1 Like

As a follow up, I finally got a chance to ramp test with the H3 and I had no issues. I have read a few of the problems people have had with the H3, but I don’t anticipate that I’ll have issue with them, as I have a separate cadence sensor, and I almost always use the trainer in the small chainring. I’ll actually be putting the MTB (1x) on it as soon as I get a 12 speed cassette. The H3 was smooth and responsive. I’m sure the DiretoX could have been fixed with some sort of firmware update, but I didn’t have that much patience with a new purchase. Also, I’ve had awesome service from Saris (Cyclops) for my Magnus in the past, so I have a higher confidence level should it be needed. See ramp tests below. Top is Saris, bottom is Elite. Both with up to date firmware and fresh calibration using the software from the trainer manufacturer.

2 Likes

Is it only in ERG mode or in both the ERG or resistance?

The Direto x seemed to work fine in resistance mode, the power fluxuations were only in ERG. As a TR user, I’m intending to use ERG most of the time.

Hi again,

here I am with my results - totally chaos:

Always trying to pedaling with cadence ~90 but practically Trainserroad was showing cadence unstable (up and down).
Alway ERG mode.
Bluetooth.

Desktop

Mobile:

Can you recognize what’s going on?

I got lost what’s next.
Any idea?

Shut down TR - all apps - mobile and computer.

Do a hard reset on the Direto - plug it out, wait 10 seconds, plug back in.

Restart one TR app.

That work?

I will try that tomorrow and let you know how goes.

Thanks

Here are results from today:

1. Turned on Direto X after 24h it was truned off.
  2. Started the TR app.
  3. The device was paired automatically.
  4. Started the workout.

Windows 10, Bluetooth, ERG mode.

Here is the workout:

Any suggestions what’s wrong?

I did another Ramp TEST with ANT+ this time.
Windows 10, ANT+, ERG Mode.
Metrics was better but suddenly something stopped working.
I realized that leds on my DIreto X was blinking all the time, so I guess that’s the reason Direto X shutted down automatically, so Trainerroad stopped seeing the trainer.

I disabled Direto X after I changed my dongle to ANT+ and restarted TR app.

Much better cadence.
Power still weird, like it seems TR didn’t control the trainer.

So again I’m not sure, why DIreto X suddenly was shutted down (automatically).

You need to reach out to both Elite and Todson (US distributor) and get their input. That schitt just ain’t right.

myetraining@elite-it.com
info@todson.com

Elite also has a forum where you could possibly get help.
forum.elite-it.com

Once I got in touch with Todson, they helped me very quickly with the noise I had developed in my first-gen Direto.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will definitely try it :green_heart:

I don’t say it’s Direto for sure.
Maybe my BT or ANT+ dongles are not stable?

Bluetooth connects correctly but metrics are like one big chaos.
ANT+ dongle with Windows 10 doesn’t show Direto X is connected but TR shows it’s connected.
ANT+ from my Garmin 1030 shows Direto X is connected and I can change the power manually.

That’s why it may be dongles?
How to verify that? I don’t want to buy very expensive ANT+ Garmin or Elite dongles just to find out that it’s something else :slight_smile:

Agree with @Power13 - something is wrong. Those power curves aren’t even close to right.

Instead of using your laptop, try TR with Bluetooth on your phone instead (shut down your laptop and any other device that might be Trying to connect to the Direto).

If the Direto is still not working, contact elite and the distributor.

1 Like