Doormate Universal Garage Door Remote Fits in Your Handlebar

MyQ connects within 1-2 seconds on my Pixel 6.

Silly Freds wasting $40 on a garage door opener for transportation. You can just use your smart home connected modern garage door opener you already have for free!

Joking aside the external number pad is a hard no for us security wise. Our home is away from other houses and someone could just sit by that number pad guessing for as long as it takes. You can also play games with the wireless ones to learn the signal jumping and the wired ones you just break and you can open the garage door.

We actually do have the Myq openers and they are great everywhere but just outside my house exactly where I need them. Wifi too weak to work, but too strong to switch to cell.

I still think this is a great, simple invention. For folks who commute on bikes it seems even more no brainer.

1 Like

I’m using an S8. I’m being forced to upgrade this year so maybe it will function better.

There are a number of ways to get into a garage that are far quicker than guessing a code.

Sure are, and there are plenty of times I could see key pads making sense. Thats why i said its a hard no for us, not “those are stupid nobody should use them.” Must not take the bait on security ranting…

1 Like

I’ve been looking for something like this for a while. We have to go through a gate that is remote activated to get to our garage. While using a keypad at the garage isn’t that big a deal, the gate is remote only, and it would be great to simply hit a button on the handlebar instead of digging in a jersey pocket for a cell phone sized remote or throwing the bike over then hopping the fence.

3 Likes

If I didn’t keep my bike in the basement I’d totally get one of these. While there are several ways to open a garage door, the ease of just hitting a remote on your bars while riding up the driveway is worth at least $40.

And, if this existed back when I still had kids at home, I would have installed one on each of their bikes just to lessen the changes they’d leave their bikes scattered all over the driveway which was a major PITA all summer :wink:

3 Likes

I have a keypad to troll the thieves because the battery is always dead.

Naa, just kidding I use the keypad but I do carry a physical key which has come in handy when the keypad battery was dead.

$40 for a silly toy to let me ride straight in to the garage? To be fair, I’ve spent more on less…

4 Likes

I don’t see a need for this: One simply gets one’s butler to open the door for one. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Do you not just hand your bike to the assistant, before strolling down the white gravel drive to the jaccuzzi?

2 Likes

This commenter from the bikerumor article has a funny point:

Now you can get your bike stolen at the coffee shop and come home to an empty house.

2 Likes

When I was a kid (a long time ago) garage door openers weren’t as prevalent as they are today. When my mom got home from work she would simply honk the car horn and it was one of my duties to rush down and manually open the garage door for her.

5 Likes

Stroll? One perambulates!

1 Like

They have a new sponsor.

You really think that’s how thieves operate?

There’s 10,000 possible combinations of 4 digits on a typical number pad. If you typed in a new one every 5 seconds, it could take 14 hours before you got to the right one.

Or you could bring a cordless sawzall and be through a typical garage door in a minute or two, regardless of the type of automated entry system.

or break a window.

1 Like