Do Ice Baths Kill Gains? Hot Takes with Ivy! – Ask a Cycling Coach 395

“Scratch is just Rapha Gatorade” hahahahaha
I’d love to see the look on the faces of people driving by me when someone said that! Pure gold!

12 Likes

Men’s testosterone levels vary. The levels vary from man to man and they vary over time for individual men. The levels tend to drop with high amounts of intense exercise. Estrogen isn’t a performance enhancing drug. Testosterone is. Its levels strongly affect athletic abilities, but we still include men in studies.

2 Likes

lol, great catch! Let those TT bikes in. I hate double standards! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This may be the quote of the podcast so far this year. Still lol’ing

7 Likes

In the nicest way, that’s pure whataboutism and not a particularly convincing counterargument.

Bring back intros. So hard to listen to on podcast without YouTube video.

9 Likes

A great example of a Le Mans start, about 2:30min in this (whole thing worth watching if you haven’t) 1960 Tyneside Vagabonds CC Cyclo-cross - Vintage Cycling - YouTube

1 Like

So what about Ice baths first thing in the morning? I usually get up around 4 am. get in the ice bath for about 3-5 mins. dry off get to work around 5 am, After work go to the gym or go ride. either riding 3-4 times a week and gym 3-4 times a week. My routine has been the same post-workout and that is protein intake stretch and mobility exercises, sleep, and repeat. I have seen somebody recomp and mood change from this, but my FTP has gone up 12 watts in the last 8 weeks since I started doing ice baths, that’s the only change in my routine. Any thoughts on this?