Dirty Reiver '22

Did they advertise the date of the 2023 edition? Is is always on the Saturday roughly 19-23 April?

So how did everyone get on?

That head and cross wind in sections was brutal at times. Mind you weather I thought was cracking for the day, a cold start but fantastic with the sun out!

Definitely thankful I made the decision to go with Trainerroad as felt the 4 months training definitely helped with that climb after the reservoir. Really pleased with how the training helped on the day, with a good fuelling strategy.

I have to say the route was amazing with what must be 95% gravel, and all different surfaces. Nothing too technical but just fantastic with the views.

Also great to meet people at the expo and on the course who were super friendly. Definitely will be doing it next year, and now deciding if we do the 130 (which we loved) or the 200 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really enjoyed it - was a great day out - I’d definitely like to do it again.

Things I’d do differently:

1. 700c 38-40mm tyres - my 650b 2.25inch were overkill
  2. take less food - the feed stops were great - no need for me to pack 8 flapjacks and 15 gels.
  3. do the 130 route? Glad I’ve done the 200 but think I’d enjoy the 130 more :joy:
1 Like

Things id do differently

1. Less layers! Dont wear that winter jacket only to take it off and squeeze into your frame bag after 20km never to be used again - far too warm after those hills

2. Less food - OTE flap jacks were tasty - wished i had tried their gels beforehand as would of saved me space and money as well

3. Not park in the 4WD campsite and have to do that climb multiple times over the weekend

4. Text girlfriend before i hit hexham - only signal i received was at 47km feedstop

Oh my god this :joy: Lucky i passed my car around 60km and stopped to dump my base-layer. I was stuck with my gillet because I needed the pockets to carry all the redundant stuff I decided to bring.