Cycling in Aruba

Has anyone cycled in Aruba before? My wife and I are traveling there at the end of March and in times past I would just run in the mornings but like most cyclists I hate running. I managed to find a bike shop on the island (https://www.tribikearuba.com/) that rents both road & mountain bikes (looks like Trek or Scott bikes) and they get good reviews.

I plan on renting a road bike for the time we are there and then maybe get a mountain bike for me and my wife for one of the days to explore the back side of the island. We got a Jeep last time we were there and had fun so a Jeep/MTB combo might be next level.

Anyway I’m curious to hear from anyone that has cycled there either road or mtb. The shop does have some routes planned out so I’d likely follow those for the most part unless someone has better suggestions.

As for kit I’ll be bringing my own shoes, pedals, helmet, tools & obviously kits. Other than nutrition I think would cover the basics. Any other tops would be helpful. When cycling I’ve only ever traveled with my own bike and by car so I was able to take my large gear bag and not worry about leaving something at home.