Custom Training Plan Templates (Feature Request #1)

Hello

Is there a way to build a custom training plan?

I know you can build custom workouts, but was wondering if there is a function to create my own training plan structure with pre made workouts?

Thanks

If I want to create my own block/period of training, I simply select the sessions from the TR workout library and drop them into my calendar.

Of course this could be considered as unstructured but I do think about my goals for the training block and ensure that my TSS is gradually increasing.

Thank you, yes this is what I currently do, but didn’t know if there was a way of saving these custom structured plans down for later use

No, there is no way to save or reuse a custom plan right now.

It’s been discussed and requested a while back.

The best you can do now is make your plan. Then if you want to reuse some or all of it, Copy the entire week (one at a time, for as many as needed) into the future planned dates.

2 Likes

Thanks Chad

1 Like

I know TR is all about following the plans coach Chad has created, and I know we can tweak the plans through the calendar, which is awesome, but I would like to be able to take one of the TR plans and then tweak it and then save that plan so that I can then reuse it again. Not sure how useful this would be to other TR users but thought I would put it out there as a potential future update.

Keep up the great work guys!

1 Like

I would like to request a feature: to be able to add a training plan to the calendar and have a workout occur every x number of days.

I work every 3rd day and only plan on doing TR workouts on the days after shift. That gives me a workout every 3rd day. As it is I have to go through the whole calendar and move every workout after the first. I’m sure my workouts are not in order but I went for the Time Crunch plan anyway so it probably doesn’t matter.

@Nate_Pearson, @chad, @Pete, @Jonathan - is a custom plan anywhere on the radar? Maybe you’ve discussed it on the podcast, but I must admit that I haven’t been keeping up lately.

Given that I like skiing in the winter and can’t forecast what family-related event will arise, it would be awesome to save specific weeks or an entire plan in case I need to adjust on the fly. Otherwise, I find myself having to shift each workout one-by-one and that gets time-consuming.

Thanks!

I’d still like to do this but it’s not near term. You can copy and paste weeks off a plan right now that is on your calendar.

Soon, you’ll be able to apply certain weeks of a training plan to your calendar.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying so quickly, Nate! Sorry for my delayed acknowledgement, but I look forward to the future updates. Keep doing what you’re doing.

@Nate_Pearson

Does this mean you can copy an entire week at once? If so, how? Or that you can duplicate a week by copying the individual days?

Yup, you can copy a whole week. In the calendar you can click on the three dots to the right and select ‘copy week’

2 Likes

@mwglow15 thanks!

1 Like

Would love this feature. I’m in the beginning stages of putting together a training block. Not quite ready to add them to the calendar but I wish I was able to add them to some kind of plan template so I can take my time to formulate it, and then just drop that into my calendar when I’m ready.
Basically the equivalent to adding a current base and build plan from the standard library, but instead a plan I made with a mix of TR workouts and some of my own creations.

I’d actually like somewhat the opposite: the ability to turn part of the calendar into a customer training plan. That is:

• Add workouts to the calendar
  • Be able to select start date & end date from the calendar, and convert the workouts in that range to a plan with a custom name. And in the future be able the customer plan

Super awesome would be to share the plan so that other TR folks could use it / customize it. This would go a ways to answering the call for polarized or other types of plans that TR doesn’t currently offer / doesn’t plan on offering.

2 Likes

Exactly! your rec goes hand in hand. There’s lots of talk polarized plans like you said and even ‘Chads vO2 max prograssion plan’ that gets talked about a lot. Only way of sharing these is a list of workouts that you then have to go look up in the library yourself.

+1 Custom training plans would be great. Especially if we could use the existing as source to start from.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll nudge the feature development team that more athletes are asking for modifications within Plan Builder. :v:

2 Likes

I think it would be good to have a plan option for people looking to increase volume etc over time. From Low to Mid. A plan increasing volume week by week would be pretty good.

@IvyAudrain,

I think there are two distinct asks:

1. The ability to “save” a set of workouts as a group / template, with the ability to add that group / template all at once. Similar to how someone could add a TR plan to their calendar, with the plan composed of many workouts in a specific sequence
  2. An “Advanced” mode for Plan Builder that would all more customization options