Crit racing: int/ext width vs weight vs depth of wheels

Thanks. I was clicking that but doesn’t look like it’s working. Unless it doesn’t work on iPhone.

Bambini seems a bit strange. I feel a bit sorry for FLO now.

Don’t feel bad. Just bask in how awesome it actually turned out for those that can sort the signal from the noise. It got the titans of the field talking and you get to the see the scientific process take place. The unfortunate thing is that his website will live on and continue to disseminate what I suspect is disinformation.

1 Like

Whilst the specific data is questionable, it at least highlights the common sense that deeper is more aero, as well as lower frontal area

1 Like

That’s pretty much how you defraud people. Pepper in some truth amongst the lies to make it more palatable.

The only downside to that is that he isn’t selling anything expect bottom brackets, which for all intents and purposes are fantastic.

Not only that, but the people trying to discredit him ARE trying to sell something or have at one point tried to sell something to do with aerodynamics and as such are likely to have a professional reputation to uphold.

As always, the truth lies somewhere in between.

1 Like

Nowadays there is more and more value in reputation, status and ability to get, hold and maintain your attention/time eg. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. In a way it is a currency of the times. Hambini saying that he is not selling you anything is a red herring. You willingly give him your time and it increases his status, which is a very basic human desire.

What about some of the godfathers of innovation that have brought up reasonable questions only to be shouted at? Eg. Josh Poertner (popularized the 105% rule of thumb), Dr. Fung (gave us accurate outdoor aerodynamic testing protocols) and Dan Empfield( slowtwitch founder)

Each of these people published free information or helped spread information that arguably has created more free gains than anyone can possibly pay for. When I look at the body of work and the public presence of someone it’s pretty clear which individuals one should be wary of. Hambini’s ideas were an interesting thought at the time but since then it has been disproven in real world testing so there’s that too.

1 Like