COVID-19: US races/cycling events that have been cancelled

Not surprised at all about Marathon Nats and I’d already removed it from my calendar way back when anyway.

Now for CX Nats…I’m not sure what to make of that. Jingle Cross is canceled, but not really, because now it will live on as CX Nats! Unless nothing has changed with respect to Covid by that time, in which case it will probably get canceled as well.

Ugh. More waiting to see what happens…

1 Like

Some Texas mtn bike news… Kerville was cancelled. Huntsville is in jeopardy due to state parks limiting the number of entrants to the parks. The first two races of the Fall “series” (is it really a series if there are only two races?), Barber Hills Hard Labor and Piney Hills Classic, are both still on and supposedly are not in danger of getting canceled.

I won’t do either as it gets back to your question, is it a series? Ruston is too far and from Austin Paris isn’t that much closer. Huntsville is a great race but if it’s a goner then for me, no reason to race the rest of them. I will stick with the Leadville qualifier in November (which likely also gets scratched) and then just wait to see what spring has in store for us in the TMBRA world.

Texas State Road Championships just got cancelled from September 19th. Not a surprise really, but still sad. Not sure I see any racing happening in Texas in 2020 at this point. :man_shrugging:

Barry Roubaix rescheduled event (10/10/20) cancelled.

I was going to sign up last minute, bummer to see this one go.

Glad I pulled the plug on my entry a few weeks ago…some of my buddies who stuck it out are saying they are only getting back 80% of their entry fee.

Yep. If I had canceled mine last week, I would have gotten 100% back, charged a random person on the wait list $100 and then they would have only gotten $80 back this week.
I’m not liking how they handled this.

Iceman just cancelled their race this year. They said they were unable to get the proper permitting from the Michigan Dept of Natural Resources. Probably for the best. I was extremely on the fence about racing it but it was nice to have the carrot to chase to keep the motivation up. It was the final race that I was going to do this year after all of the road racing got cancelled.

2020 CX Nats is canceled. :frowning:

2 Likes

Bummer on CX Natz. :frowning: Also as mentioned in the BW Cedar City thread I think, but BW San Diego postponed, or back to its normal May date for '21.