Continuous Press, Quick Intensity Adjustment [Feature Request]

You can press and hold up and down on the keyboard and it’s pretty quick.

If you’re using a phone I’m not sure if that works.

1 Like

It does not. Even going from 100% to like 220% to turn recovery into endurance in an extended cooldown takes a good 30 seconds or so of sweaty-fingered screen tapping, it’s a pain. (And before anybody suggests swapping to resistance mode, 30 seconds of screen tapping is less of a pain than swapping to resistance mode for 10+ minutes.)

2 Likes

I’ve also been thinking about requesting this as currently have to go into a pretty uncomfortable position to reach the keyboard and then wait ages while holding down the button to boost the intensity when extending the cool down. One approach would be to double tab and hold doubling the speed that it increase.

Is there a way we could shorten rest intervals?

Sometimes I am time crunched and I am recovered in 1min but have to wait the full 6 min for the recovery interval. This happens a lot in sweet spot

You can use the Scrubbing function to move forward.

Thanks, ill give that a shot. I know its not ideal for training, but rather have the work vs rest sometimes.

1 Like

Anybody else get stuck in a situation (V02 max induced) where you’re madly tapping the -% intensity button to salvage an interval? Well I have, and whenever it happens I always wish for 2 things on the intensity “pop up”. Some hot keys to quickly select an intensity, and/or the ability to press and hold the “+/-“ buttons and have the intensity ramp up/down respectively. Here’s a quick screenshot of what I’m thinking.

Thoughts?

1 Like

@TommyMiles, I moved your request under the existing one that parallels nicely.

Oops, I suck at searching.

Thanks for the move Chad!

1 Like

LOL, no problem. Searching is a challenge at times and hitting the same terms as others is not always easy or possible.

If you haven’t seen it, I do have a search tutorial that may be helpful in the future:

I have the same problem described as other people have posted.

I’m using the android app.

May I suggest a simple solution, as seen in wahoo’s own app.

Instead of having the plus/minus buttons either side of the intensity you could have a plus/minus button above and below each unit. It makes it real easy and quick to change intensity on the fly.

Ie to jump from 150% to 90% would take 5 clicks as opposed to 50, and vice versa. Also makes it very easy to make a work out up on the fly.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

1 Like

I would love to see , on the new software updates, a press and hold to get auto scrolling up and down in the resistance. Right now in Erg mode on IOS , I have to sit there and repeatedly push the plus or minus sign to get a wattage difference- it’s too slow as its small increments of a couple of watts each push.
Say I’m in Erg mode doing my training plan workout, and I’m loafing along on a easy workout, and want to very quickly raise the wattage from 185 to 350. (meaning change my 100% to 185% for example) I must take the phone in my hand and hit the intensity button, then tap over and over and over to slowly go up, same for going down.
A simple push for longer than 2 seconds and hold to get a fast scroll up and same for down would be very helpful. Or a slider that shows up on a side that is only there when you tap the intensity button, would allow fast changes. This would also allow you to follow Chads in ride instruction on sprinting …hard not to spin out at 185watts in a second…

Thanks
Patrick Hover , Missoula Montana.

1 Like

@Hoverp, I moved your post under and existing one with the same request.

2 Likes

Thanks Chad

1 Like

Thanks, Patrick! Will bump this to the team for sure! :v:

This is already working for me using a MacBook. If I want to increase or decrease the intensity, I simply hold the corresponding scroll button down and release it when I’ve reached the desired intensity level. Great feature!

1 Like

Now we just gotta get it on ALL platforms! LOL

Even with the current ability to hold on Win/Mac, it’s a bit of a pain. Extending the cool down for Z2 requires a change from 100% (regular for the workout) to 200% or more (225% for me lately) to get to the Z2. I can time it, but that takes more than a few seconds to scroll that at 1% increments all the way up.

I’d really like some “smarts” that eventually change the jumps to something like 5% or 10% jumps if you hold for something like 5 or 10 seconds. That would allow for much quicker transitions compared to the long wait we have now, even with the continuous press that is present.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m currently using the TR app on my Samsung tablet which rests on an Elite stand. During some recent workouts, I wanted to increase/decrease the intensity using the +/- buttons on the tablet, but kinda found it sometimes a little hard to actually tip these tiny buttons :slight_smile:

This might be just me shaking from the workout intensity, but I’d find a) slightly larger +/- buttons helpful and would also very much appreciate another button giving you immediate 5% intensity increase/decrease (saving 4 tips can be huge in some of these moments).

Looking forward to your feedback! Keep up the great work & greetings from Tanzania :palm_tree:

3 Likes

Thanks for this! Added it to the relevant thread. Cheers!

1 Like