Classified gear hub

The ANT+ device it pairs as needs to be a LOT better. As you’ve pointed out, it can’t be used/paired to if you already have Di2. Thankfully the bike I have this on doesn’t… yet… When it does work (and doesn’t drop out) I’ll get battery level of the switch and rear axle, but won’t show which gear it’s in. Their 52(?) page manual glosses over this.

IMO they should have kept away from being an ANT+ Shifter and done their own thing for head unit integration. Ideally integration to work with D-Fly button assignment would be neat.

I’ll need a week or two to cool-off after installing the Powershift and having major issues with reliability, a messy multi-firmware update process, and being stuck in 0.7 gear on a ride where I had to stop and re-pair the axle. It all seems to be working fine with a new button battery in the bars and their latest firmware… but my initial impressions contained a lot of four letter words.

The end goal is to test their efficiency claims. If it’s 99%, it’ll be difficult to measure with standard equipment. If it’s 96%-97% like a lot of people are claiming, it’ll be possible to measure with the equipment I have. In 0.7 I can feel the difference in how smooth it feels. In 0.7 it feels like riding with a worn chain.

1 Like