Canyon Speedmax CFR Sram Red AXS Etap 12s grinding when pedaling on Wahoo Kickr (with videos)

Canyon Speedmax CFR Sram Red AXS Etap 12s
Getting bad grinding noise when pedaling
sounds like it’s coming from around front chainring area. worse in smaller cogs.
Have installed xdr freehub with corresponding locknut on kickr
using 142 spacer on nds & original thru axle spacer on ds
have tried micro adjusting but no luck
any ideas?
thanks.

Just contact wahoo support and send them those videos. Very easy to do and they’ve been helpful when I’ve had problems in the past. They will guide you to the solution or replace it if defective.

hey erik thanks,
unfortunately i’ve already been in contact with them & have been told it’s normal amount of vibration & should lessen with time. however, it’s hard to ride it confidently with it feeling/sounding like this as i have absolutely no issues off trainer.

Hi did you ever get issue sorted I have the exact same problem on my 23 speedmax slx. I even tried a different cassette?

Check to make sure your chain is routed correctly through the rear deraileur. It could be going over the metal tab between the plates.

Also, CAREFULLY put your fingers on the rear and then front deraileurs while turning the crank. You will feel the vibration if it’s coming from either of those places and not the Kickr.

Sounds like a worn chain/casette to me.

Can you try a different chain to rule that out or a diff cassette?

Ill check that thx

Hi the bike is brand new and i did try another cassette but like in vid 2 above it only really gets worse when I go down to lower gears . For now i just leave chain near the top and use erg mode which is fine but i would like to have it in manual mode . Thx