Can't see Garmin activities on TrainerRoad Calendar

I properly synced trainer road with garmin connect.

Trainerroad activities are uploaded automagically on garmin connect and that’s ok, but trainerroad doesn’t show garmin activities (running, swimming…).

How can I solve the issue?

Best way to get this solved would be to raise a ticket with Trainer Road. support@trainerroad.com

They are not synced from garmin to trainerroad at this point, it’s in the pipeline!

1 Like

Hey Giovanni,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a way to import running and swimming workout into TrainerRoad quite yet. Developing support for these workout types is on our Development Roadmap, however, we have a few other major projects in the pipline before we can make that a reality. For now, any non-cycling workouts will need to be manually created and checked off.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you :pensive:

it sounds wierd to me, as I read the official FAQ and it says:

"Our Ride Sync feature allows you to automatically upload all completed TR workouts to your Garmin Connect account, and automatically adds all completed Garmin Connect workouts to TrainerRoad

Once Garmin Connect is connected, all your future completed rides will automatically sync to both accounts."

anyway it’s not a big issue itself, but it’s confusing and a timeloss for writing all of this.

You’re totally right, we need to edit the phrasing there. That was written back when we did not have the capability to schedule runs and swims, so all running and swimming planning and tracking had to take place outside of TrainerRoad. The cycling workouts will sync both ways, however, TrainerRoad is not equipped to handle runs, swims, or other workouts at this time.

I’ve passed your feedback along to our Designers :+1:

EDIT: We are changing the phrasing in that article as we speak

3 Likes

Is there any update on the status of run and swim (and other type, i.e.: hike, strength, etc.) workouts into TR calendar?

1 Like

This feature is still on the backburner for now :pensive:. It is very much on our roadmap, but it is in line behind some other features unfortunately.

Bringing Calendar functionality to the app is currently our #1 priority, which is, and has been, a major development undertaking.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you today.

No worries… i like the progress of the calendar so far… I’m playing catchup with the podcasts and that keeps me up on most of the calendar updates

Hi, is there any update on this (Garmin or Strava) synchronisation?

Thanks in advance

Run and Swim support is still “in line” for development. We recently completed our desktop app revamp, and are now working on updating the mobile application as well, and we have a few other key projects to complete before we can dedicate resources to Run and Swim support.

We are currently working to hire more developers so that we can speed up this process of completing our major projects, allowing us to bring you new features faster than ever before. So stay tuned :+1:.

1 Like

Hey @AndrewL,

I understand your frustration. We’ve said that we wanted to bring this feature into reality, and we haven’t made any apparent progress towards run/swim support at this time. In that time though, our engineers have:

• improved the Calendar features and functionality
  • built a new desktop app from the ground up
  • released outdoor workouts that allow our users to train year-round

Our Developers are also in the process of:

• building a new mobile application
  • bringing outdoor workouts to Wahoo.

These features will benefit all of our users, and when run/swim support is completed, triathletes will also be able to take full advantage of the new functionality of the TrainerRoad platform.

Additionally, the new Desktop and Mobile Apps are crucially important for run/swim support because they will allow for faster expansion and development of new features due to the flexibility of the new framework. This means, that when we shift our resources to Run/Swim support, the apps will have the ability to expand to meet the additional demands. The new apps need to come first, and this requires a huge amount of our developer’s focus over the past many months.

We have prioritized perfecting our core offering rather than rushing into bringing run/swim support into an imperfect system. We want to perfect the TrainerRoad training system before broadening our focus into developing full multi-sport integration.

As for the engineers that we plan to hire, they are not being hired solely to work on run/swim integration. However, they will help us execute our development plan more quickly, and allow us more bandwidth to begin working on additional features such as run/swim integration.

I’m sincerely sorry if anything I have said has made you feel strung along, or that we are trying to mislead you. Run/Swim support will not be here in a matter of months. It is a ways out, but we have begun to lay the foundation that will make implementation quicker and easier.

2 Likes

Bryce,

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. Sometimes as users we don’t always see the work on the foundations on which the house is built.

2 Likes