Cadence slowly creeping up during workouts

I’ll need to look it up, but I think I go the other way – my cadence drops as the interval progresses. Regardless I know on long intervals I usually have to change my gearing at some point.

I like to think my legs are learning to be more efficient all around the clock. This requires more devices, software, and think time!

Oh yeah! Good job! I train on a dumb trainer and it takes me a bit to get the gearing dialed in but once I do then I find it is time to focus on the cadence and that keeps me on target. I may have to tweak gearing towards the end of long segments.

My normal tendency when my legs get tired is certainly to reduce cadence but after just a week playing with ERG mode on TR I have the opposite experience. Not drastically. I now typically start my workouts around 95rpm and finish around 100 up to maybe 105 max. I have to mentally think about it when my cadence starts dropping but then I get into a rhythm and am able to hold it and go up slightly without too much additional concentration.