Buying SIS in USA - order direct for decent pricing?

I may give them a try at one point if I encounter it at some sale. Regular price looks to be crazy high at over $3 per gel.

I missed this…just took advantage. Thanks!

It’s pretty insane how much SIS, and sports nutrition in general, went up in price this year. Obviously TheFeed is benefitting hugely from this markup. SIS was direct to consumer, and averaged $1.25-$2 per gel, with the Beta Fuel included, and that has nearly doubled across the board on the gels… There was a small window of time after TheFeed took over USA operations when I was able to order from Wiggle or Chainreaction and get it for comparable prices, but now it seems they’ve put an end to that as well. I’ve been doing liquid carbs in the form of bulk powders that I mix myself, so that has helped keep the cost down. I largely only use gels as a source of caffeine, and look to drink mix for my 100g/hour. The days of 3 gels an hour in training are long gone at $3 a pop.

1 Like

I am ready to be flamed but I like PowerBar PowerGel Hydro. I often have a very tough time getting the SIS gels open while riding and I hate the large size and that you have to tear off the top to eat/drink it. PowerBar PowerGel Hydro is a much better form factor and has a ‘trash chain’ so you don’t have to deal with separate tab. $43.49 for 24 at Allstarhealth is a decent price for gels…at least compared to other similar products anyway. Everything is terribly priced.

No doubt. I can’t find SiS locally though the number of bike shops continues to dwindle.

At $40 for the 1.6Kg tub of SiS powder, free shipping, no tax (this counts as food so no sales tax in CA) TheFeed is still reasonable.