Bottle cage recommendations

Spesh Zee cages on all bikes, pretty light and very secure. Always use my left hand to handle bottles so my right can shift and brake as needed.

Have you checked out Supacaz?

https://supacaz.com/product/fly-cage-limited-edition/?attribute_pa_multi-colors=gold

Link above points to a gold one…also:

yeah, that was my first hope, but I saw enough reviews complaining about losing bottles due to no notch that I’m passing on those

1 Like

its an all-in-one upper body workout and core stabilization routine :rofl:

Another vote for non carbon rib cages. Light enough, durable and look good on any tarmac in matte black. :eyes:

1 Like

For 5 years I have used the Delta Inox stainless steel bottle cage. I think they weigh something like 50 grams each? They don’t break. I put a thin strip of skateboard tape on each side of the cage & I’ve never had a water bottle fall out.

They may be overkill for regular road application, though. But for gravel/adventure/cx they are very, very good.

1 Like

Ti cages, either the King or Silca. I’ve had the same pair of King Ti cages for 20 years, and I’ve never lost a water bottle, even with these now being on my gravel bike.

4 Likes

Tarmac SL7

LOVE the style and design of Supcaz cages. I’ve used them for years, and have never lost a bottle. Just put them on my new weapon. :rocket:

1 Like

Another vote for Tacx Ciro

Its probably been said in this thread but Ive always went with Elite resin ones as they are light, secure, reasonably priced, easy to use and I can usually find a colour scheme that suits the bike.

1 Like

Another vote for Silca Ti cages. Basically as light as carbon, slightly bendable for different levels of security on different bottle shapes, and less likely to break in a crash.

2 Likes

King cages for me - either the Ti ones or the stainless Iris.

4 Likes

I am looking for a cage as well. But I need one that goes on the downtube of a salsa cutthroat. I need the cage to keep the bottle as close to the frame as possible as I am trying to keep it as far back from the tire as possible so it does not rub. I am putting a specialized tool keg there as I ride a 54 cm frame and a bottle will not fit. Thanks.

My go to is Wolftooth Morse Ti by King Cages. I’m pretty short & the multiple mounting holes on these cages allow me to get the bottles as low as possible under the top tube where the room can be limited on an MTB.

3 Likes

Arundel Mandible - have used them for years on both MTB and road bikes - never lost a bottle

5 Likes

i had this but gave it away because it is too tight. always struggle to remove my bottle from it.

I like something like this, not too tight.

It’s carbon.

huh, never followed up on this but i did end up going with supacaz cages, promptly lost a bottle in a crit and almost took myself out

would not recommend, i swapped to some spec ribcages and given how hard it is to get a bottle out normally, not concerned anymore.

1 Like

I have King tubular titanium cages. Sl old school, but never lost a bottle and they are lighter than any of the carbon cages out there. There is a new move afoot for cages made of laminated veneer. Wood look and construction principal as layed up carbon fiber treated with epoxy. Check out James Wright wood working Utube channnel.

1 Like

Second the Arundel Mandible. Solid grip strength but still fairly easy to pull out bottle on ride.

I have some Ti Silcas, a and they are pretty but not quite as secure as the Mandible, so I don’t use on the XC bike.

If you are looking for ultimate grip strength, the Dawn to Dusk cages are it. However they can be really tough to pull bottles out of while riding so I tend to use these as the secondary cages.