Bluetooth Earbud (in ear) Recommendations

I have Honor AM61 Sport for like 2 or 3 years. Great buds, but the pads are difficult to find if you lose one (like I did…)

Has anybody experience with bone conducting headphones?

I’ve been using a pair Sony WF-SP800N for the past month and have been very happy with them.

The silicone wingtips do a great job holding them in place. I’ve had trouble with other earbuds popping out once I start getting sweaty. Even designs with over the ear hooks have been problematic for me, they stay on the ear but the eartip will still slide out eventually. Not so with the WF-SP800N.

Headroom is great, a combination of isolation, noise canceling and power? I’ve found that I’d need to nearly max out the volume on other earbuds just to overcome noise from running 3 fans. With the WF-SP800N I only need to go up to about 60%

The active noise canceling isn’t amazing, but the overall isolation is better than any other set I’ve tried.

I just hope they hold up for the long run.

No, but I don’t get the appeal. It seems easier to just use one earbud (preferably the right one).

Yes " the right one"…
I have never found the right one.
I sweat and the in ears dont stay in my ear.
I need one with a hook or - perhaps bone conducting headphones if they delivery acceptable Sound…
First World Problems i guess😂

I don’t like hooks around my ear because they are annoying when wearing glasses. Have you tried to wearing a headband to control the sweat? I am a big time sweater (used to leave sweat foot prints when running) and I never had a problem provided I wore a sweatband.

Yes and i love them. And i have the lower-end bluetooth ones (aftershokz titanium) they have other ones: the air, aeropex, and a new one can’t remember the name. They also have one for underwater that stores music on the unit itself so no need for bluetooth on that one i think its the xtrainerz

They are great for cycling outside, and running and whatever activity that requires you to hear whats happening outside. You can increase the quality of the sound by putting earplugs in (if you don’t need that outside awareness).

They have their purpose. If you can find the cheap ones on sale, it might be a good thing to get.

Im interested in the aeropex…
I just cant imagine the quality of the Sound😂

i dont know how good they are but they’re better than my titaniums so i’d get them…but depends on the use case…if you DON’T want to be distracted by outside noise these are not the ones for you

• Dedicated thread and links to related comments in other threads:

Quick update. Recieved an e-mail from Jabra that if I update the firmware in my 75T noice cancellation will be availabe :smile:

Not done it yet but nice to get an unexpected upgrade.

2 Likes

Rapha earphones anyone?

Not certain if this was mentioned yet, but I remember that some people had reported a crackling sound with their Airpod Pros…Apple now has a recall for them.

I had the crackling once, but popping off the ear piece and then putting them back on solved the problem (as had been suggested). But I’m still planning on taking advantage of the recall.

Picked up a pair of Anker Liberty true wireless earbuds a month ago and been very happy with them.

Used for about 20 hours so far and never had any problems with them.

I got the new Jabra Elite Active 75t as a gift from my wife today. I knew about this thread and a quick search seems to show she did a great job :smiley:

This will be my first set of wireless audio (besides little external speakers) and I am pretty excited based on the comment here. Thanks for all the great discussion, as always :smiley:

3 Likes

I also got those about a month ago and no issues so far either.

Jaybird Tarah Pro’s are the best I’ve tried. I got mine at bestbuy, had x3’s had the BB coverage and upgraded to the Tarah Pro’s by paying the difference. Bought the coverage again, returned them after a year, they were on sale so I got a new pair and they gave me 40 dollars back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last weekend I forgot to take my Jaybird Vista out of my pocket threw them in the washing machine with my running gear. They still work as if nothing happened and are super clean now!

1 Like

Mine are still going strong!

There are some options out there will a better batter (Sony’s new wireless sport earbud), but the sound quality on the Jabra has yet to be matched.

@mcneese.chad your wife also got a good deal and wisely stayed away from the newer 85t which add ANC and a wireless charging case but otherwise nothing of actual substance.

1 Like

Great to know. I haven’t used them a bunch, but initial impressions are so good. The sound is better than any buds I’ve tried. They even added ANC via firmware update, so I’m more than happy. :smiley: