Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2020

Amazing deal on REI right now for the Tacx NEO 2T - $999, which is $400 off. My guess is this will last about 12 minutes. So get it while it’s hot (and actually in stock): https://bit.ly/35ZuX0l

(Link is REI affiliate link)

7 Likes

Poof! That was fast. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not my trainer, but made a deadlift platform with one. Not sure a horse stall mat would work if you are looking for a rocker-plate effect. They are pretty dense with very little give to them. They may provide some vibration isolation.

2 Likes

I’m tempted! I’d really need to dive into their tutorial videos and FB group for it to be worth it I think. Any insight as to how much time it would take to get “up to speed” enough to realize the value? I’m currently using intervals.icu/TR/strava. I have a free TP account that I rarely utilize.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I’m pretty handy around modeling/engineering software and it didn’t take long to find and start making minor modifications to some key charts. Seems like I was pretty quickly analyzing trends in previous seasons, within the first week of loading the trial version. However it does take time to learn how to make the best use of WKO. Probably took 6+ months to go thru all the WKO webinars on YouTube, mostly by watching them while on the trainer. And because of the trainer, I had to watch several times. There is a lot of great info in those webinars.

2 Likes

Same here, I’m more planted indoors, staying seated and not moving around as much.

Bibs, saddle doesn’t matter. I’m good for an hour, 90 mins is almost torture and 2 hours is about my absolute limit indoors.

The Bontrager Aeolus saddle that I love on my bike, felt uncomfortable on my trainer.

I don’t know how folks do those 4 hour + indoor rides.

1 Like

I agree these le col daily deals are pretty amazing. Yesterday pro bib tights and today the hors categorie jersey. They also let me apply my strava £50 off both times.

So I got the bibs for £75 and jersey for £55, which is quite incredible deal for both those.

1 Like

Cutaway is doing 20% off everything + Free shipping on everything it seems.

1 Like

£3,300 off, bargain:

Maybe.

2 Likes

The very BEST Tri clothing in the business is having a 20-50% off sale! Also does custom imprinting with a quantity as low as one. Fast suit and fast service!

1 Like

Ridgesupply has 30% off right now, with free shipping through the 30th code THANKS30

Anyone know how to get the backcountry.com 20% off coupon to work? I’m signed into my account and click on the banner that says “Have You Used Your 20% Coupon Yet? Click Here to Redeem!” But nothing happens to anything in my cart and no code is displayed. Have tried a bunch of different items and two different browsers to no avail

Just placed an order through Le Col. If you don’t already have it, I’d recommend the Honey Google Chrome add-in. I used the saved codes on Honey and saved 50%, then added socks to get the free shipping to USA. Pair of tights and wool socks shipped for $105. Also, with the order I got a referral link for free winter gloves with a £100 purchase to me and the buyer - so if you plan on ordering and want free gloves, let me know and I’ll send you the code so we both get the free gloves.

2 Likes

Also curious about this. Have you reached out to a Gearhead about it?

Not yet since I didn’t try until it was after business hours

Try their gearhead chat, they are always very helpful.

I did last week and used it on a Shimano cassette. Only works on full priced items that aren’t on sale. I had to join their new “cash back rewards program” or whatever it is called. It automatically applied for me on checkout. But it doesn’t work for everything I think. For example I tested it out on a few things and seem to recall it won’t work on smart trainers…but I could be wrong and not recalling it correctly.

There was a lot of stuff that it didn’t apply to. I was adding a $15 full price item to get myself the free shipping and it wouldn’t do the 20% off the accessory. I can understand not discounting trainers or big stuff, but some ski wax seems like it should be good for the 20% off coupon.

Aww yiss, my local bike shop had a sale and I got the last pair of Specialized Defrosters for $60. Phew, I was wanting to get some cold weather clipless for my fat biking adventures. I’m hopeless with flat pedals now.

Was just going to post this… glad I checked the thread first.

Why is it that my brain went “Watch for the next riot and help yourself!” (color pink/purple as necessary)

All of this TV discussion - don’t come watch on my 720 tv. We are fine with the two of them we have. I am sure the streaming devices get really frustrated trying to downsize the resolution anymore.

1 Like