Best online market place to sell gravel bike

I’m looking to sell my “higher end” Trek Checkpoint. I want to avoid ebay. I"ve been told facebook marketplace is a good option, wondring if the forum has any other sights that I should consider.

As mentioned, FB Marketplace can be good. Pinkbike Buy/Sell is a great option too, and of course Craig’s List as well.

4 Likes

Not facebook marketplace, but gravel buy/sell/trade groups on facebook.

2 Likes

Per the above, there are good local bike buy/sell/trade groups on Facebook. Try to find one of those.

1 Like

Yep, the nice thing is when you make a listing you can have marketplace post it in multiple buy/sell groups (and also choose whether you want it to show in generic marketplace), so you only have to manage one ad.

Great for safety/confidence too because unless you’re in a massive city you’ll probably have some mutual friends with any legitimate buyer if they’re part of the local cycling scene at all. If I can tell they’re clearly a fellow cyclist then I’m much more comfortable giving them my full address, etc.

1 Like

Generic market place is an online scam fest

2 Likes

Pinkbike and Craigslist.

Selling to The Pro’s Closet was really easy to me. I wanted to avoid human to human transactions with that amount of $, they gave me a fair price for a Frameset.

1 Like