Best Bike Split Questions

I JUST noticed that BBS has Advanced climbing options where you can set max descending speed. That might help accuracy when they ask to keep pushing on steep, curving descents where braking is needed to stay on the road. Anyone played with this?

I use the max descents speed because I don’t really know how fast, how much power I’ll be willing to put going down.

Any update to this after almost three years?

I am considering using BBS to pace some long solo gravel races in the summer.

Would it actually matter if BBS miscalculated the total time (say 9 vs. 11 hours), as long as it gave me useful power targets for each section?

Bumping this topic for a different use case for Best Bike Split. I’ve been training for Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party (RSVP). It’s a two-day cycling event: first day is a century, second day is about 80 miles.

I loaded the course routes into BBS and it has churned out a pacing strategy for both days separately, but I’m wondering how to account for this being a two-day event vs. two separate rides. I don’t think BBS accounts for the fatigue across both days in its pacing recommendations.

It has me going at .70 IF on day 1 and .69 IF on day 2, which seems reasonable.

Thoughts or advice?

Some even world-beating.

1 Like