Anyone using RGT Cycling, thoughts?

Used it for the first time in ages yesterday. I quite like the improvements they have made and it ran smoothly on my old laptop/ cheap phone. :+1:

1 Like

On RGT does it record the time and power for when you are in the ‘start pen’? E.g in Zwift you can join an event and sit at 200w for 10 mins before the start and the .fit file misses this off. Would be nice to join an event and keep all TSS and time logging to one file. On Zwift I end up warming up before joining 2-3 mins before the start and soft pedalling

In a race it only records the race… I use a bike computer to record soft pedalling before the warm up.

Ah just as annoying as zwift then!

also, the graphics on the current gen ipad pro are…terrible

1 Like

I gotta admit, I really wanted to do the race series on RGT this fall/winter but I was completely stumped by setting up the apps/devices and figured I’d just do some races on Zwift.

I have yet to do a single Zwift race…

LOL!

2 Likes

On the Companion app you can join and unjoin by just touching the event. It will show you the countdown to the event and the 30 second automatic join starts. Note how much time to the start and then unjoin by just touching the event. Manage the countdown until there is 30 seconds to the event start and then join again. There is no limit to how many times you join and unjoin.

The graphics need a lot of GPU Power. I have an “ok” Laptop with a weak dedicated GPU; while Zwift is Running ok, in RGT I only get around 8fps, even in the lowest graphics Setting. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Yeah I’m wondering if I should be using it on PC. I uninstalled pretty quick on my iPad and went back to Zwift as I felt like I was playing Road Rash on a Sega Mega Drive.

Graphics aren’t everything, but shouldn’t be completely neglected.

1 Like

I have another question, what happens when you get to the end of a route? Eg if I do cap formentor, which is a ride I’ve done a few times IRL, do you turn around and come back or is it just one way?

The program turns you round.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

It didn’t to me at the top of the stelvio! It didn’t turn me around and wouldn’t let me U turn.

Email their support. Its supposed to turn you around it has always done on my rides/work outs up Ventoux/Stelvio/Cap Formentor

Does anyone else race on RGT? Its free, and also is more comparable to regular racing compared with Zwift. Really helps with that competitive itch!

Gave it another shot last week and I have to say that it has gone a long way! Only shame is, that you can’t separate trainer control from power reading. (I need this when I want to do a slope-mode workout with variable interval length based on feel) Everytime I try this, something messes up sooner or later during the ride :frowning:
As much as I hate the Zwift graphics meanwhile, they just nailed the hardware connection.

2 Likes

Click on slope and check nothing is connected - that’s the equivalent on Z of not having a controllable trainer selected.

Do you have a powermeter? I connect it to RGT and let TR control my turbo.

The issue is, that if I hit disconnect on the slope-tab, it also disconnects from power. So I think it would only work like @HLaB suggests, but I don’t have a powermeter on my trainer-bike.

2 Likes

How has the racing come along way exactly? I ask as I’m a Potential convert from Zwift. Is it more realistic? I have heard there is a difference in drafting and cornering.