Anyone ever get destroyed by a ramp test?

I’m suspicious of this as well, which is part of the reason I keep the bottle with carbohydrate/electrolyte mix on my night stand, so that I can start drinking/taking on fuel as soon as I wake up. Generally, this approach has given me 10-15 minutes from the time I start drinking to the time I start pedaling.

I did switch, just this week, to mixing my own maltodextrin/fructose/electrolyte mix. During SSBII I started experimenting with different off the shelf mixes, and reviewing my notes, I switched from taking in my on-bike nutrition via liquids to solids when I started the first block of build, and I don’t know that that was working for me. I’ll be keeping an eye on how switching back to liquids might impact things.

I was able to get through Washington +4 yesterday without too much issue until the last interval, which is where I would expect to struggle. That doesn’t really add any context to the original ramp test question, but I’m pretty renowned for including more information than is necessary or useful.

1 Like