Any idea where this screw came from 🙃 *Solved*

Could it be a saddle screw?

1 Like

Oh the irony… turns out one of the screws holding my torque wrench together wasn’t tight enough :person_facepalming:

Bad workman blames his tools and all that.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

55 Likes

OMG this is hilarious :joy: :rofl:

12 Likes

My money was on the washing machine… oh well, wrong again.

5 Likes

So, let me get this straight … the torx screw for the torque wrench wasn’t torqued enough and fell out? :rofl:

15 Likes

So that’s how it happens. You lend your torque wrench to a mate and whilst cycling to his house it falls apart and comes flying out of his pocket and straight into you #Fatal. Good job you avoided that :+1:

2 Likes

This has been a real roller coaster

2 Likes

I would have had to buy a new bike if I hadn’t found where it had come from.

8 Likes

You need a torque wrench for your torque wrench.

3 Likes

:rofl:

That was my idea. Shimano, TMK, doesn’t use Torx screws.

Don’t discount the idea that someone put in an extra screw somewhere. I had that happen in a computer. Seriously. Something caused it to dislodge from where ever it was wedged, and it popped out when doing a memory upgrade. I looked everywhere and could not find an empty hole for it. Hah, not funny…

Yeah, lights, bells, hmm… With such a small screw, it’s doubtful that anything is loose and hanging/dangling making it harder to identify. (I had a brand new bike, and after a couple of rides the shifting got sketchy. I took it back to the LBS, and they found out that the assembler forgot to tighten the front derailleur bolt, it was almost falling off. Check those screws and bolts. They and I were shocked. (The assembler had been ‘let go’ shortly after I had bought that bike, but why they didn’t do a once over through enough to catch that was interesting))

With 32 responses, I hope you have identified that screw.

That’s hard to believe. All my torque wrenches have had copious amounts of LocTite on the screws, and if it is ever sent for a rebuild/recertification (expensive, cheaper to buy a new one) they usually use a glue to actually glue the heads down to insure they can’t be removed and effect the calibration, but YOU FOUND IT!

So ironic it’s from a torque wrench. How funny…

Torque the torque, now walk the walk.