Aluminum Race bike

If you had to build a bike for crits what would it be… Looking for options outside of the typical caad13/Allez/Emonda ALR. Not that they’re bad options just curious what else is out there.

Something like the vinyl that @Pete and the team rode last year. I should add the goal of the build would be to keep cost low (It’s a race bike after all) but have an solid frame to build off of.

3 Likes

Bowman Palace

3 Likes

Low Bicycles

1 Like

Cool, I had looked at them but the frames are a bit over the budget. Just took another look and they have a budget frame, track only right now but looks like a road frame is coming so that will certainly be an option…

Yeah they are 100% not the cheapest - I don’t own one either but I like their looks

In the UK, there are at least a couple of brands that make really well regarded alloy crit bikes. As well as the Bowman Palace R there is the Kinesis Aithein, and I think one of the Masons? Worx are now carbon for road.
I don’t know where you are, but I would assume that there are similar sized speciality bike brands nearby that offer something a little bit different for the crit scene? Might be worth looking at the Cinelli Experience too?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m Canada probably would of been worth mentioning…

Felt’s FR30 is an aluminum frame with aggressive race geometry and a full carbon fork available in N America. Don’t think it is available as a frame set but it ships with the full 105 disc group for not that much more than an Allez Sprint Disc frame. Could be a good starting point for adding race wheels and swapping out the saddle/bars for whatever you like to ride.

3 Likes

I love a Ridley so i have to suggest the Helium SLA or Fenix SLA disc - not sure how common they are in Canada?

Sure there used to be a Heium SLA disc :man_shrugging:

2 Likes