Adjust FTP for the kids?

If my kids want to ride a bit but not enough to justify a separate TR account, could I have her do an FTP test and not save it but then adjust the intensity of the workout by the % of her FTP to mine? Would it be as simple as that?

(For the record I already have 2 accounts, 1 for me and 1 for the wife)

I think it would basically be that simple, yes. She runs a ramp test, gets a 100W FTP. Yours is 200. Load up Mary Austin. Dial down intesity by 50%. Poof! 90 minutes of alone time for you and mommy! Brilliant! Use responsibly.

5 Likes

How old’s the kid?
I’m just more curious, I don’t know much about juvie athletics - and if/how it needs to be scaled (like if it’s linear)
We do restrict the gear the juniors can push at the local track…not the same issue exactly, but it does speak to the idea physical development and what stressors can be applied

does she have a certified coach? maybe her doc could advise as well

1 Like

How old’s the kid?
I’m just more curious, I don’t know much about juvie athletics - and if/how it needs to be scaled (like if it’s linear)
We do restrict the gear the juniors can push at the local track…not the same issue exactly, but it does speak to the idea physical development and what stressors can be applied

does she have a certified coach? maybe her doc could advise as well

What track is that you coach at?

1 Like

why not use the free trial?

1 Like

I can’t understand why there’s no TR family account.

4 Likes