Adaptive training - does this make sense?

I created a very short custom workout - 4min warm up then 50sec all out test (anarobic) and then 4min easy spin down. This is it.
TrainerRoad adaptation categorized this workout as Endurance 4.4 Does this make sense 1min anaerobic and very ease w/u and w/d to be endurance rather than anarobic? This the first question.
Then after I executed this workout (and rated it as moderate at the end) the TR adaptation offered to change my 3hrs if=0.6% Endurance workout this weekend with another endurance 3hrs workout but with if=63%.
Does this make sense that one minute of anarobic riding causes a proposal to change 3hrs aerobic workout from if==60% to if=63%?
And, executing that short anarobic workout increased my Endurance Progression level but left the Anaerobic progression level untouched,

1 Like

Probably such a weird workout is messing up the algorithm. Too short probably.
I’ll let the support team know so they can find the bug.

1 Like

Oddly, I think it may actually be correct.

Few years ago, on the BBC there was a program where they were investigating how to be healthier and there was this protocol where they had to do 3 all out efforts for 30 secs twice a day for two weeks and it actually improved the aerobic ability of the subjects. For some it was rather large effect. I cannot (read, did not bother) find a study on this but though this would be of some interest for other to delve deeper on.

1 Like

Why are you doing this? Are you trying to push on AT in weird ways to see what it will do?

In the grand scheme of things does 60 vs 63% even matter? It sounds like AT is trying to subtract some intensity to hit a TSS target?

1 Like

All I can think is “garbage in, garbage out”. I’m not surprised that AT responds weird to something like that.

1 Like

It would be worth checking in with support@trainerroad.com so they can look at the custom workout, the full scope of your calendar and progressions, and run it by the team to make sure its being accounted for appropriately. Cheers!