Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Max. level 15, you say? My custom sprint workout seems to be a touch over the top according to levels :grimacing::grin:

5 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

I don’t see levels for my custom workouts, do you mind me asking if you are in the beta?

edit, I have updated the app and see the levels for TR workouts.

I’m in the beta and also don’t see levels for mine. I think when Brandon first noted they were there I mentioned mine all showed 0.0 (but had a “zone” assigned that seemed appropriate).

I look at them now and see they still lack a number but show a little differently than before.

It hasn’t bothered me as I don’t really use custom workouts and all of these were probably created around 2013 or earlier (maybe related to why they are kind of broken?)

Pic of an example…

Maybe I’ll try to get a support ticket open anyway so they can resolve for people who would use the feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that is an Android screenshot, I just went to the app store, (as the articles said) downloaded the latest version and I can now see progressions for each workout. I am NOT in the beta.

I don’t think the android app updates automatically.

1 Like

It is very good to see the progressions and new plans, now. I have also read the three referenced posts. The progressions and explanations help immensley in planning, and definitely makes understanding workout progressions far far easier. Thanks @IvyAudrain and the team. Its a massive step forward.

I often joke in my work “trust the process”, but I have to know the process to trust it. I suspect I will go through a process of assessing the new plans and progressions and understanding how best to use them.

My first reaction is that, having almost completed LV General Build, (with added SS/threshold sessions) and now looking at MV sustained build (as I do longer Time Trials) the progression levels look too easy to start with. I shall probably be proved wrong. I will see how i go after the next couple of races over the next few weeks.

3 Likes

You did the LV General Build and added more SS/threshold?
Wow that’s brilliant. I struggled with just the stock workouts. :pensive:

1 Like

I know it’s just n=1, but I’m super happy with the new plans :grinning: They are doing exactly what I wanted to achieve with TrainNow and levels: make the week over week progression smoother / steadier :+1: :+1:

Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Thanks all! It really is super exciting for us to put the tools and knowledge we have in motion to help athletes improve and get even faster!
It does require some inherent trust, as our plans always have in a way. Thanks for being stoked and trusting the process! Cant wait to hear how you all feel after settling into those plans a bit. :v:

14 Likes

Eek, did a 1.6 graded VO2 today which I surveyed as moderate, really never struggled at any point, just did the plan update and it’s immediately thrown me a 4.9 beast next week. I asked for it I guess :smile:

4 Likes

I just finished a reply to your request in the other thread.

Thanks I’ll delete.

No need to delete. It’s likely good to have it mentioned in both threads really. I just wanted to point to the one I already completed. All good :smiley:

1 Like

How often are you guys on the AT beta being offered the different flavors of workout? I’m just looking through the new plans and trying to get a sense based on the workout levels, which was what motivated my earlier question.

Suggested adaptations take place after completing workouts for me most of the time. It can also happen on the following day in some cases.

If I happen to do well on a “Productive” or “Stretch” workout, it can change the following workouts a lot. Other times, smaller increases lead to smaller changes, or none at all, especially for “Achievable” ones.

PS, assuming a user is on AT with access to PL’s, it’s entirely possible that an entire plan would offer adaptions immediately, to some or all workouts if your PL’s exceed the presumed start. That’s where the final magic should come together, to more accurately match a training plan to the rider, at least in their current state.

2 Likes

Yep, this is what I got when I started my current block. Before I even did the initial ramp test it adapted almost everything. (And then I did the ramp test and AT updated my levels and adapted everything again. It’s a whirlwind!)

1 Like

Im not sure where does this comments go to… so @mcneese.chad you will tell me…

My expectation of all this new training ways might be slightly off of what we got…

My expectation of a plan selection was that the plan would be alive. In the sense that for each wo day, they system would suggest something different depending on my progress and/or capabilities as determine by the AI.

I think we end up having something not quiet there, but similar…

my point: I wish i didnt have all my wo already set for the next 20 weeks.
I wish i had something like vo2max/sweet spot/sprints/endurance on the calendar, as a place holder, and then the day of I had several options based on whatever the AI thinks i should do…

I am not sure if any of that make any sense…

It’s somewhere in the middle. Your workouts twenty weeks out are subject to change depending on how you perform on the workouts between now and then. You might see a lot of adaptations, you might see a few depending on how successfully you complete the workouts and how you rate them.

2 Likes

Interesting…
hope I dont have to press update and lose all my wo every week!

You don’t have to press Update at all.

3 Likes