Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Another thing that I’ve learned is about responding to the workout surveys. I’ve marked one of the recent workouts La Dama Blanca as “Very Hard”. TBH, it was borderline “All out” for me - really tough, although I’ve completed all intervals as designed. The workout level was Threshold 4.7. The AT proposed to reduce next week’s workout to 3.0, followed by 3.5 week after.

So I’ve asked support why do I’m getting proposed such a big reduction. That was the response:

What’s happening here is the survey response “very hard” resulting in the Adaptive Training system default to picking a lower level workout for you. When responding “very hard” workout - the system will knock back the next workout in the same workout zone and feed you an easier workout instead of continuing to progress according to your current Progression Levels.

We understand that this might be a little bit confusing and the team is actually looking to address the issue in amendments to the post-workout survey.

In the meantime, you can of course, manually choose a workout that is closer to your 4.7 Threshold Progression Level if you do feel good.

Haven’t decided what I’m going to do. Might go “half way” and pick an alternate option around 4.0…

3 Likes