2023 S-Works Recon SL and ADV shoes

Anyone else have any long term reviews? Looks like I could either get the old version discounted or the new ones for pretty much full price. I wear SW7 road shoes that I like so…

I’ve been on them for a little while now, and was in the previous gen sworks recon before that. I use them on the road, gravel and MTB. They are my only pair of shoes so get used ~6days a week.

I had concerns that the rather exposed carbon sole wouldn’t last long but so far it’s been ok. Don’t get me wrong it’s super scratched up, but I’m sure that was accounted for in the design. The only area of concern is the outside edge, around the pinky toe area where I scraped the carbon on a rock or something and can see more damage. I don’t think it will result in failure or anything though.

I do enjoy the wider foot bed as my feet tend to splay and then I normally get painful hot foot. I still get it but not as bad as the previous gen.

I wish they could accept toe spike for cross.

The availability for the pontoon shims is next to nil. That was a real selling feature for me and unfortunately it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get the necessary parts from specialized USA or Canada anytime soon.

I’d love to try these sworks recon, but considering I’m not a competitive rider, and can find Giro Sector for under $100 from time to time it’s hard for me to swallow the $450 price, these are impossible to find at a good deal

Here’s my take. I’ve ridden the same pair in the video now for two seasons. I give my opinion on tnem…

Hump

1 Like