2021 XC Bike Thread

More info here (need to use Google Translate):

1 Like

Interesting. Team only spec. You’d think it’d be a part of their marketing / difference maker if they do make the push onto top end OEM bikes.

Also, I didn’t realise until reading that, 50% of the XCO winners were on Scott (2 2022, 1 2021 by the looks).

Does it say “First Ride” in blue on Martin’s front Schwalbe?

For someone who has been out of mountainbikes for a while…

Can anyone translate the difference in spec between the CF6 and CF7. What would I notice and what’s just “nicer”

Cheers!

Just by looking at the spec the difference between those bikes are mostly just “nicer” and “lighter”. The performance elite fork on the 7 has slightly more adjustability than the performance but both should be excellent forks.

The 6 looks like a great bike just with heavier wheels, a step down in drive train (slx vs xt are functionally the same but slx is heavier), etc.

1 Like

I’d agree with myglow, it’s mostly about niceness.
The CF7 is a step up in performance and lightness at almost every single component.

Both would be awesome bikes, but I think the CF7 represents the best value in $/spec.

XT and SLX components are very similar, and SLX might do the job just fine for you. However XT is lighter and uses slightly more expensive material’s.

The performance elite is a really good fork that is spec’d on a lot of upper end bikes.

The biggest difference to me is the carbon wheels vs the alloy of the CF6. Whether you’d appreciate the difference is up to you, I would love to have been able to get carbon rims.

These parts would cost a lot of money to upgrade to.

1 Like

Has anyone used a tubeless repair kit? Particularly the Stan’s Dart vs a traditional Bacon Strip one.

Is the Stan’s a better/more effective tool? I like the idea that you can have two plugs loaded ready to go, and it looks light.

ETA: sorry, thread exists.

2 Likes

I might be a minority but a lack of multiple up shift has become a deal breaker for me. Hence while I’ll spend XT/XTR in this case. I don’t think it bothers most people tho.

2 Likes

To be honest I haven’t ridden SLX for a while, bit I agree it’s an absolute boon and a feature I assumed carried down to SLX.

On the plus side, the XT shifter works with SLX (and Deore 6100). Easy and pretty darn cheap upgrade.

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I’m convinced… now they just need to hurry up and take my money before I change my mind

1 Like

Awesome :+1:. Please report back to this thread with it’s level of awesomeness for us to bask in.

It’d be great to know how fast a pedaller it is without the lockout. I reckon it’ll feel like a rocket ship with that super light weight.

Having some issues with my SLX der that I’ve not experienced with XT/R in fairness but yes, SLX is pretty close.

So who’s ordered their Ibis Exie yet? It’s between that and the new Blur for me. Anyone see any real world comparisons? I imagine just finding anyone who’s even ridden and Exie would be hard to find.

Funny, it’s one of my peeves. I wish XTR didn’t have it :rofl:

Just looked and it’s 8,000 dollars for an XT build! Shocked

I guess sworks epic frames are 6K now a days and you pay for made in america. But man I might need a raise haha

2 Likes

In all seriousness it’s not in my budget in any way unless I was willing to sell my Ripley and then add in some cash. For the amount of time I actually strap on a number plate my common sense is that it’s best to enjoy my 120mm bike for as long as I can. Still, I’d love to try one. I really don’t need an XC bike even for the racing that I do but it’s fun to think about a 22 lb race bike from time to time and this one is high on the list. Admittedly Ibis fan boy here

Anyone here have any real world experience in fitting a larger than 2.2 (Trek’s recommended max) tire in the Supercaliber?

A riding buddy here just got his a couple weeks ago. There was a batch of 40 and he nabbed one.

1 Like

I’m running 2.35 Schwalbe Racing Ray/Racing Ralph combo at the moment with no issues at all. Mounted on Enve M525s.

2 Likes