2020 "Spring" Classics thread

Hmmmm…Hirschi may have a legitimate complaint coming up.

And did JA celebrate too early?!?!

Yeah that looked a bit sketchy indeed

1 Like

Seems Roglic got it.
Edit: yup he got it

1 Like

YEP!!!

Wow.

ETA - they should still relegate JA.

That’s a hell of a line change from Alaphillipe

2 Likes

Pulled a Zabel.

1 Like

Unfreaking believable. Play until the whistle, ride until the line and whatnot. But looking for that relegation anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m happy for Roglic. Looks like he’s pretty chuffed too.

2 Likes

A-LOL-phillipe what a douche. Glad for Rogo after his pain from the TDF

Rightly DQ’d.
Stupid move. He had top 3 pretty much guaranteed, and nearly took our both Hirschi and Pogacar.
Then proceeded to celebrate only to be beaten on the line. Tsk.

Only that he wasn’t DQ’d, just moved to 5th. :-1:

OMG just saw it.

I can understand the logic, but I think it’s a bad signal to send.

In my opinion (not that it means much) is that JA is a liability, that constant twitching around must really piss other riders off. The attempt to block Hirschi was out of order, especially when you’re wearing the world champs jersey. I’ll caveat that by saying with 250km in the legs and oxygen debt, it can probably play havoc with rational thinking but the countless other jinks and changes of line are unacceptable.

1 Like

The reason I’m in love with Wout’s sprint.

MSR was a classic night vs day comparison.

1 Like

Not exactly the debut you want in the rainbow stripes. :thinking:

3 Likes

@Power13 Can’t blame that on a curse, though. That was operator error. (Says guy with feet on coffee table).

@holybinch, I’m ok with a relegation rather than DQ, if that’s the signal you think should have been sent. For a guy wearing the stripes to lose a “First” to his own stupidity, and then be relegated to 5th from his “earned second,” in a race immediately after donning the stripes… at LBL, JA screwed up more than once, its been pointed out ever so harshly on one count, the relegation vs DQ is basically background noise after the early post-up.

1 Like

Oh yeah…100%. I wasn’t trying to imply it was the curse, just laughing at what could possibly be the worst debut ever of the arc-en-ciel.

It just feels like a rap on the knuckles for me.
Had he not move accress (deliberately, despite his own argument… just watch him looking at Hirschi before sweeping left) he would have finished at best 2nd, at worst 4th.
Obv if he hadn’t f*cked up and celebrated too early, it would have been more appropriately severe.

Anyway, doesn’t matter, I really like Alaf, I’m delighted there’s a frenchman in the stripes, and I just hope that it serves as a lesson to him.

I think it’s consistent with other sprint relegations which is fine.

Sagan was relegated at the tour for his push of Wout Van Aert, his penalty seemed more severe because he lost more places (due to the size of the front group), the loss of points that affects his green jersey chances, for which there is no comparison in a one day race.

I’m glad that no one crashed though, would be a rather sour start to a year in the rainbow jersey.

I wonder how well liked Alaphillipe is in the peloton. Well loved by the public and fans, but does ride his bike erratically/furiously.