2019 Race/Event Results Thread

Did RideLondon 100 yesterday, managed to snag myself a slot in the first wave, finished in the middle of the second group with a time of 3:57. They don’t publish placings but pretty sure it was top 50 (out of 25,000!) based on our group having ~20 riders and the one ahead having ~30 (confirmed by friends and family who were spectating and counting). Teeny bit disappointed I couldn’t hang onto the first group as we were still in touch on Box Hill which was the last significant climb, and they were still in sight on the descent so thought we might be able to bring it back together, but they had some strong riders plus our group was a little disorganised (or knackered!) and they pulled away on the 30 miles back into London to finish about 4 minutes clear. But I had a pretty nightmarish week leading into the event, and if you’d offered me a sub-4 hour time beforehand I’d have bitten your hand off, so overall absolutely delighted. Was also able to finish strongly doing some good pulls in that last 30 miles (partly motivated because my average speed was hovering right around 25.0-25.1mph and I didn’t want it dropping to 24.9 for a 4:00:xx finish time!).

1 Like