10 Speed Quick Link Chain for Shimano

For those of you that are still on 10 speed Shimano, what quick link chains are you using? I’m currently running an Ultegra CN-6701, but it uses a rivet to close the chain. I’m not a fan of this for a number of reasons.

If you have experience with using a quick link chain on Shimano 10 speed, can you please share the reference number?

Thank you.

SRAM power link works.

1 Like

Do you just use this as a missing link with your CN6701? The chain is asymmetrical.

Yep, that’s what I do. YMMV

1 Like

You might also consider:
(Brand does well in chain testing on Zero Friction Cycling)

KMC is another go to

FWIW, my son’s 10 speed Tiagra commuter seems to work fine with 11 speed chains.

1 Like

I have been using the Connex Quick Link for over a year on my Ultegra 6701 chain. I have never had an issue. Just make sure you follow the directions on the proper orientation of the halves.

2 Likes

Been using KMC missing link for a long time with no issues.

2 Likes

Maybe worth noting too that if you remove a link from a Shimano chain and replace it with a quick link, chain still works. You can buy 10 speed quick links from Amazon for around $12/6. (KMC here, not one of the random-string-of-letters “brands”.)

2 Likes

The Molten Speed Wax guy sells YBN links, which I currently use on both Shimano and SRAM chains without any issues, 10-speed here:

1 Like