Why does this look like the most fun thing I've ever seen?

I had no idea this type of racing existed but it looks incredibly fun

Inspired to look it up based on this : TRed SpeedWay Kartodrome Go Kart racing track fixie - Bikerumor

2 Likes

Could be really easy to setup in a parking lot with a dozen cones and just tear it up. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

^^^ If Autocross and Red Hook had a child

5 Likes

Good point, autocross is pretty popular and a similar thing could be done for fixed gear.

2 Likes

Yeah, I autocross, so that was the first thought I had when seeing this.

Next step would be a few pump track rollers or even mini ramps to add to the excitement. Kind of like the Stadium Super Trucks too.

4 Likes

WOW, I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!

Amazing

1 Like

Honestly I’ve been thinking a lot about how many races seem to have lost their “fun” factor and that most of the races that I’ve had the best time at have been the local series that I’ve raced.

There are also a ton of kids these days who are into bikes, but there aren’t good outlets that don’t charge an arm and a leg to get started.

I’ve seen so many crash videos of lame office park crits that I’m just thinking to myself that there has to be a better way.

3 Likes

Time to do a 24 Hour of Lemon’s approach. Limit to stupid cheap bikes and get to make it all about the experience. Find the FUN all over again.

I considered trying to do something of a mix between Supermotard and EnduroCross with MTB bikes but on tarmac. Short and kind of challenging courses that are super spectator friendly (fit on a local street or lot) for plenty of people cheering and hopefully lots of racing & passing action.

Lemon’s is the best amateur race setup ever designed. Can we please get the people’s curse in every pro sport? The problem with this idea is I think it would be easier to build a race car under $2k than a race bike right now. Hell, it may be cheaper to buy the race car and build the bike out of the cage.

3 Likes

How about racing in January, on ice? A local group has organized these “ice crits” which are a ton of fun.

3 Likes