Who's going to Nova Eroica?

Two years in the making, looks like 3rd reschedule is a charm! Yesterday I got the email about the Expo on Friday is with the Cambria farmers market.

Anyone else going?

Last night I settled on tires.

1 Like

Wow. That looks like an amazing ride. How have I never heard of it before?

Adding to the list for next year for sure.

You riding road or gravel bike? What tires did you settle one?

1 Like

My daughters gave this ride to me for Christmas 2019. Two years in the making because of the pandemic. Believe there has only been 2 or 3 events, so it’s a newer event.

Only have one bike so it’s my Tarmac SL7 and Specialized Roubaix something tires that measure out to 32 ish. I’ve ridden other roads in the area on 3 different road bikes on 25c, 26c, 28c and 32c.

Great ride, here are some of the swag bag items:

“only” 16 miles of gravel on the 72 mile short route, but those were some fantastic miles.

If you’ve ever wanted to see the central coast of California, and enjoy seeing classic bikes, sign up for the 2023 ride! Saturday is modern bikes, Sunday is 1987 or earlier bikes with an optional easy ride up the coast if you do the Saturday ride.

3 Likes

Stumbled on this video over at Pez Cycling. Showing the descent off Cypress Mountain down to Cambria

For anyone that signs up next year, and wanted to see the road conditions at the end. Initial 1.2 miles / 2km is gravel and steep averaging 9-10%.