Where did you workout (ride, run, etc) OUTSIDE today? (2023)

@hlab looks like a hard ride, well done.
@Benwgoodfellow nice trail run with good company.

Yesterday (Sat morning) was a run, instead of bike, because of snowfall late Friday night as winter made its last gasp after days of spring-like weather. We haven’t had much of a winter locally, with the relatively poor conditions at Swiss ski locations making the news, so this was nice. It was likely my last run in the snow here in Switzerland. It wasn’t much, but it was scenic. Below are two pics from opposite ends of the same pond. The run was 6.75mi with and relatively flat at 800’ of ascent. This used to be the “short” distance 3+ years ago, now it’s my “long” run as I continue to rebuild.

Today was another run to build on yesterday. I don’t usually run back-to-back days, but I have a 50k in 6 weeks, so it’s time to start training. It started raining last night, and it continued raining this morning. Besides wanting to get more time on the feet, I didn’t feel like cleaning the mud off the gravel bike. So it was a 5.3mi run, also reasonably flat (including a lap around this pond) with 510’ of ascent, with no snow on the trails and only a bit struggling to remain under cover of trees. My dog didn’t join me for either run, this time.

A revision to the family schedule means I can no longer do the D2R2 gravel ride August 19 as I’ll now be traveling.
However, I am now signed up for the Belgium Waffle Ride in Kansas (an event I looked at because of @WindWarrior’s race report) as I can schedule a planned research trip to the Truman Library, an hour away, around the BWR.

11 Likes