Where did you ride OUTSIDE today (2021)

Went out for a nice, long Z2 ride yesterday, 142 km in 4.75. It had rained all night and was still drizzling when I got on the road, temperature kept fluctuating between 0 and 1 C. 98% was on bike paths following the river, rode 71 km out and turned around. Was perfectly comfortable - long sleeve Perfetto, thin wool base layer, thin Craft sleeveless base under that. Q36.5 Wolf bibs with Pearl Izumi leg warmers, neoprene shoe covers, Endura Thermolite socks, Gore cap, and thin wool gloves (in combination with bar mitts). Fenders did their job as usual. First ride with the top tube bag from Decathlon with the magnetic latch, awesome, worked perfectly, better than the Pro Explorer I was using before.

I stopped to take some pictures of two bulls who were eating from a haystand. As soon as I stopped, they took interest in me, one walked over to the fence. Started mooing, but not in a polite way. Breathing became deep, lowered it’s head, stood square to me… that’s when I had the sudden realization that, 1) that bull doesn’t give a crap about the electric fence between us, and 2) I have a decent sprint, but I bet the bull’s is better. Then it clicked… my outfit. Bright orange jersey and helmet. I got the heck out of dodge.

(with sound)

I’m not 100% sure, but my suspicion is the bull didn’t like my outfit. Good for cars, bad for livestock.

12 Likes