What workout did you do today? (2022)

Sorry i had you repeat yourself, I didn’t read this at first.

2 Likes

My training has a been less than ideal over the past month or so with some family stuff, so I’m trying to plug some holes I guess haha. I’m looking at some big efforts I’ll need in my upcoming rides and trying to make some workouts that will approximate those. I’m going to get back on track with plan builder in mid-August and will let our AI overlord work it’s magic :thinking:

I appreciate the input!!!

1 Like

Life happens! I’m sure AI will get it where it needs to be

1 Like

Oh man!

14 Likes

Congrats on the bump!!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you sir. It’s a good confirmation that was I was feeling wasn’t just in my head, and my estimate of 315 is about spot on :+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Boring endurance ride made even more boring by the fact I had planned to mtb today, but the trails are closed due to rain yesterday.

10 Likes

Scopi…3rd and final round of these intervals (forget the two preceding names).

Between the increased wattage, some extension of the intervals and a new FTP, this one hurt.

13 Likes

5-7 minute intervals that do not want to end, constantly looking at the clock :slight_smile: Carson +1

13 Likes

As detailed in another thread my coach had a vague over under cadence workout scheduled in Training Peaks that did not include an ERG package. Queued up Tunnabora and did cadence ladders.

A three sets of 80-85-90-95-90-85-80
Two sets of 70-80-90-100-90-80-70

And of course the trainwreck on power that is ILT.

13 Likes

I looked at this workout today and thought “that doesn’t look too bad.” I was wrong. It was so hard!!

On Tuesday, I was all psyched for my big VO2 session. The text said it was a recovery based ride. It still kicked my butt.

But Monday was nice and chill:

Today’s Fiske was just a Threshold PL5. I don’t know why it was so hard. Curious to know if it’s just me or if anyone else thinks it was hard.

14 Likes

I always look at those types of workouts and feel very conflicted. Always think that looks too easy. Then I do some FTP or long just over FTP work and think no way VO2 piled on top lol.

3 Likes

VO2 Block - Workout 6/9

Down to two minute intervals and it was still pretty tough getting through. Pleased with how it went even though TR deemed it a “fail” with my “Very Hard and Training Fatigue” responses.

12 Likes

Before PLs I used to and still do to a extent go off the IF of a workout. 0.91 suggests to me that its hard :muscle:

5 Likes

@HLaB -You’re right. I should look at the IF instead of the graph. The graph of the workout looked sort of like Baxter to me, but it did not feel like Baxter at all. :joy:

@mailman 100% agree

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Take a look at where the FTP line is on those two workouts

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Yes — But I was hopeful. Lol.

2 Likes

That looks hard from here. I seem to find my threshold PLs always 2-3 below everything else. Definitely not created equal.

4 Likes

Second week of turning my SSBMV Base 2 Thursday threshold workouts into low cadence work just under threshold. Choosing workouts under my current PL’s but riding them differently - today, centennial -2, intervals between 5 and 7 min at 95%, up from last week’s 92%… Chopped one of the longer intervals off. Rode all of them at 60 rpm, thinking this is going to get easy pretty quick, how can I progress this? Then I rode the last interval at 50 rpm, and got my answer - felt so different, much tougher and more targeted. Looking forward to next week’s being harder, yet easier… :stuck_out_tongue:

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 12.37.29 PM

13 Likes

Yes! I agree. Especially, now! I’m actually possibly less pained by VO2 max, even.

2 Likes