What TR features were true game changers for you?

Good question. There are a few things off the top of my head

1. A control / power match algorithm that reduces power fluctuations. My setup of Assioma Uno + Direto X produces pretty hefty swings at high power. Vo2 intervals often escalate into 5-sec over-overs which makes workouts unbearable. It appears that either the TR algo or the Trainer have a deadband that’s too tight. I’d appreciate a control algo that reduces swings and does not reinforce them. I know that overall the swings are pretty normal and I see similar fluctuation in resistance mode. But it is a difference if I let my power drift for a few seconds to manage my RPE or if the power kicks up 30w right when I would need 10 seconds of 5w below target. I am constantly micromanaging my effort to complete the tough workouts and erg & power match work against me.

2. Interval zones calibrated on my 4-week power curve and not on a single data point. I know the ramp test is all things considered a solid approximation. But taking into account more markers for specific energy systems might reduce the number of failed workouts and improve my effectiveness. Adding an FTP estimate to the PR function (like intervals does) would also be awesome.

3. Full integration of running and swimming into the calendar. If that happened, calendar would become useful and I could ditch TrainingPeaks for good.

4. Different FTPs for different scenarios (in - vs outdoor rides, TT vs roadbike)

2 Likes