What is the real problem with TR / Wahoo? [Adaptive Training]

Thank you for getting back to us.

So to make sure I understand, in the near term, if we do a structured OUTDOOR ride with a wahoo, we will get progression level updates, but always to a pass level, unless we say otherwise in the survey, and that this temporary change the fix that the engineer will get to in a few days.

A more intelligent fix is coming up in the future (the alpha testing you mentioned).

Did I understand this correctly?

3 Likes

Just for my understanding: If I do an outside ride (letā€™s say 2h z2) on may wahoo and I match it afterwards with a comparable TR Workout (i.e. ā€œKlammspitzeā€) would that be a solution or would that outside ride still not be counted?

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that when I filter by ride power level in Past Rides outdoor rides appear in the list. TR is categorising outdoor rides - clear progress towards PL credit for unstructured workouts

In fact, they have PL levels attached! How long has this been a thing?

1 Like

No, this would not be counted.

1 Like

March 2022 would be excellent with me :+1:

1 Like

Yeah Same Page. If it hits start of 2022 it will be golden. Till then I am very Happy to still use it for indoor rides. I know, looking at my powerlevels outdoor Yesterday that BOiiiii did I Smash out a +5% workout Vo2Max :metal:

1 Like

Guys, just to be clear, Iā€™m doing outside workouts on a Garmin and unless the intervals are long (15+ minutes) the workouts arenā€™t getting classified correctly as completed vs failed. Seemed like it was a back end issue the team is working on, and because Iā€™m seeing it with my garmin, not necessarily Wahoo specific. Know the team is working on it.

Iā€™ve got this too, but only for a very few rides - most of them old, and without power data! This one from last April with no PM on the bike:

I can only assume that this is some kind of bugā€¦ or possibly some kind of trial.

Looking loser, yeah. I can see itā€™s the sessions that were well structured rides with names like ā€œ3x7ā€™ @ 340Wā€, ā€œ3x30ā€™ Z3ā€ and ā€œCoburg North Noodleā€ that got graded.

But not only - some of my outdoor rides with no power, no hr have had progression levels applied. Perhaps from an RPE ?

Would a suitable interim fix be to allow a user to manually tell TR which outdoor workout it was supposed to be?

There will be some updates and fixes that help address the outside workout credit issue, not exactly in the way you describe, but itā€™ll help. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Just curious if this update and fix will look at past outdoor workouts also? And if it will flow to TrainNow for those of us not in the beta yet?

Ooh, my progress levels seem to have changed and I havenā€™t done a ride that isnā€™t outdoors and wahoo for a few months. Looking at my calendar, I canā€™t see whatā€™s contributing to the PLs but it seems something is happening now. Cool!

1 Like

No such changes for me

Me neither - just did a planned outside workout with wahoo and same as before.

Donā€™t have any progression update but after todayā€™s outside (workout) ride it did ask me ā€œthat looked rough, why did you struggleā€. So it is doing something with that data.

Truly disappointed, 4 hour hilly endurance ride using a Wahoo & an outside workout. Zero change it progression levels, all stillsittingon 1.

Makes me wonder why I keep paying for TR! If I produced something like this at work, Iā€™d be quickly sent down the roadā€¦

1 Like
  1. This is a beta of new and not officially released software.
  2. They made no claims this works with Wahoo head unit. In fact, It is covered specifically in the ā€œKnown Issuesā€ page and AT intro page.
  3. Per Nateā€™s comments above, they have a direction and work in progress to address the Wahoo outside workout issue and unstructured workouts in general. We donā€™t have a timeline, but it is in progress.

As to your TR subscription, the service is still the same basic setup that existed before AT. So those functions of the plans, calendar and workout player work like before. New stuff like TrainNow, totally rebuilt training plans (as well as new POL experimental plans) are additions and refinements above and beyond the old stuff.

I get that people want AT to be fully functional and I bet TR wants that more than any one of us. Unless someone joined TR explicitly because of the AT intro in Feb, I think TR still offers a great bang for buck equation.

16 Likes

So what is the point of being asked if I found that workout tough (no) if it makes no difference to the outcome?
Sounds like something to appease users to me.

What is the timeline for a fix?