Upload Run and Swim workouts from Garmin/Strava to TR calendar (Feature Request)

Just another +1 to a staged release with minimal fanfare. And I promise to cheer loudly as well. :grin:

2 Likes

They do for me. The TR run workouts TSS estimates usually end up within 5 TSS of Training Peakā€™s rTSS

1 Like

It depends on the workout. My next workout is 55 minutes at RPE6. The TSS estimate has 55 minutes times RPE4. Thereā€™s obviously no way that can match up unless you execute the workout wrong.

So estimated TSS should be 59, not 45. This is a trivial example, but this mistake is common in the plans.

1 Like

That seems like someone made a mistake entering the workout on TRā€™s end and not necessarily TSS that is wrong because the calculations are inaccurate.

1 Like

To me, that sounds like the workout is saying intensity at 4, on a 1-10 scale, but RPE of 6, using the (original?) scale that goes from 1 to 20.

Itā€™s hard for me to imagine anyone saying that ā€œrunning so fluidly and lightly that itā€™s hard to tell youā€™re even workingā€ is an intensity of 6 (meaning 60% of your max)!

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson Iā€™d also personally agree to a staged development. I think most of us whoā€™ve used this software for a season or more have seen real-terms incremental progress and so we know what a staged release looks like from a training perspective.

Granted thereā€™s a lot of noise coming from the community on Jonathanā€™s transition to triathlon in the podcast but no one serves runners well IMHO. This could be a step forward in a space that has seen so much recent progress in terms of footwear (with obvious impact on the sport as a whole) and next-to none in terms of software and training.

I think you could do the same for swimming with relative ease - imported runs/swims entering the calendar automatically and auto-populating AT according to time with a questionnaire to populate feedback for the AT algorithmā€™s refinement.

I understand fully that this wouldnā€™t be the solution some might want long term, but it would give TR the beginnings of a dataset that would actually have a potentially HUGE impact on endurance sports altogether.

Iā€™d be down for a beta group if youā€™re looking for volunteers!

3 Likes

TrainerRoad specifically says they use the 1-10 scale:

Besides that, the entered intensity times the time gives TSS, so there isnā€™t even an argument here.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I said: It would become obvious the TSS estimates and workout descriptions donā€™t match. The TSS calculation itself works, but the data itā€™s fed with is not consistent with the workout, so the numbers in the plans are off.

1 Like

Yup.

Drop them a post on this thread and they should sort it out:

2 Likes

I reported this 2 years ago already, and the response was

ā€¦our development team is actually already working on fixing this; however, I donā€™t have an ETA of when this would be updatedā€¦

Together with an explanation of how to fix it manually after every workout :roll_eyes:

As you can see Nate, you donā€™t need to get run import working for us to complain about broken TSS numbers!

2 Likes

Hey, yaā€™ll.

Iā€™m happy to announce we have 10(!) engineers currently working on the following running features:

• Show your runs on the calendar
  • Auto match completed runs to planned runs
  • Run analysis page
  • Running PRs

They are about two weeks in. Weā€™re going to launch these features then look at usage and get feedback.

89 Likes

Youā€™ve timed this for Valentineā€™s Day right? I knew you loved triathletes really. Iā€™m feeling slightly dizzy. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Yā€™all rock. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome news! Made my day :+1:

3 Likes

Fantastic thank you!

3 Likes

Awesome news, thanks!

2 Likes

Best Valentineā€™s present Iā€™m getting this year (and Iā€™m married :joy:). Amazing news!!!

2 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s an impressive push into running. Thanks Nate and TR team for driving this clearly youā€™re not just trying to check the box with so much talent dedicated to this. I canā€™t wait to see how this evolves over the coming months and years.

3 Likes

Ten engineers!? Youā€™re not kidding, wow!! Thank you so much, this is going to be great! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh that sounds like I have to subscribe to TR very soon again :slight_smile:

1 Like