Help fix in-ride text typos; post them here šŸ‘‡

On a previous podcast episode @chad mentioned how he hated seeing typos when doing his own workouts. Thatā€™d annoy me as well! :weary:

Maybe if we notice one, we can post the details here and help get them fixed!

Iā€™ll startā€¦

Baird ā€“ At about 12 minutes, the word was ā€œtoughtā€. I think it should have read ā€œtoughā€.

13 Likes

I hate seeing typos as well. I contact TR support via their online contact form and report them.

What I do is open up the workout editor and find the typo. I take a screengrab and send this through to support. This makes it a lot easier for them as they can see the typo plus see the time it appears on screen. This makes it a lot easier to fix. Attached is what I mean.

13 Likes

I usually send them to the TrainerRoad Twitter account. They are accepted and thanks is given.

4 Likes

I am impressed. I canā€™t recall a typo 5 minutes after I see one. MIGHT recall that I saw one, but that would be it.

Guess you donā€™t zone out when pedaling. Or perhaps I zone out too much.

5 Likes

On this subject there are very few which is great as I am a grammar nazi!

I may have seen a there/their error once but thatā€™s about it. Also maybe a fate/fete and thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Found one today in Taylor-2. In the first set of 14 intervals the text says something like ā€œkeep going only 3 leftā€ but at that point there are actually 5 or 6 left. Later on in the same set the text re-appears correctly saying there are only 3 intervals left.

9 Likes

Who knew there is a workout editor. Great tip, there are so many times I am momentarily not paying attention and wish i could go back and see what was just put on the screen.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that any mention of ā€œOptional Drillsā€ is a typo. Just delete them all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

27 Likes

Spencer +2, with 4 intervals to go the text said 3 to go. Now I was pretty knackered, but I did spend a good 30 seconds counting to 4 at 120%. Funny what parts of your brain are deprioritized when you are trying not to die.

4 Likes

Did the Mount Field workout today. The workout is labeled as ā€œTempoā€ but the text description talks about Sweet Spot work. In the analysis, the interval labels/titles on the 3 intervals are labeled as Sweet Spot 1, 2, and 3, but the power zones are all in the Tempo zone, not the Sweet Spot zone.

3 Likes

Did Virginia today. At minute 39 we start a 5 minute endurance spin which goes on for 6 minutesā€¦or maybe this is Coach Chad being devious :smile:

4 Likes

@Bikr, thanks so much for starting this thread! :smiley: This is suuuuuper helpful to us.

Weā€™re always quick to fix typos when theyā€™re sent into Support, or we find them, but this is a great way for us to take care of many very quickly.

Iā€™m going to have someone from my team drill in and correct each typo thatā€™s been brought up here, and Iā€™ll make sure we stay on top of new posts that trickle in over time.

Many, many thanks to everyone thatā€™s posted! Youā€™re all helping make TR better. :clap: :blush:

14 Likes

I donā€™t actually mind the typos that much BUT ā€œa couple minutesā€ is my pet hate, if you want to shorten ā€œa couple OF minutesā€ then just write ā€œtwo minutesā€, ā€œa couple minutesā€ just sounds all kinds of wrong to me.

8 Likes

Carpathian +2 has a reference to there being only 30 seconds in the rest period left, but it occurs when thereā€™s something like 120 seconds left.

Somewhat related: Martin Hill description on iOS shows ā€œā€¦than you?re likely to seeā€¦ā€ So display encoding is different from the encoding for the text?

Not a text typo per se, but the interval times in all of the Keeler Needles are wrong (at least as I see things).

2 Likes

I reported this too via support email, but they claimed that they reviewed it and believe the setup is intentional.

Iā€™ve since done versions of the Needle 2-3 times and each time that interval counter timing drive me nuts.

1 Like

This is not in-ride, but the workout description of Givens -3 says 115% but the workout is actually 118%.

ā€œGivens -3 is two sets of 3x2.5-minute VO2max repeats at 115% FTP.ā€

During Virginia it looks like the word ā€œintervalā€ or something like that is missed.

ā€œHow about a couple of Form Sprints during this next ?ā€

Pretty sure there is something wrong in Homers Nose, at some point it says to up the cadence and work harder when itā€™s actually a drop in power