Tour of Flanders 2022

I’m guessing Pog is gonna go for a long one and it is a course that suits him well to do so….the question will be who goes with him or who is willing to chase. I can see a scenario where he gets away because everyone is looking at MVP / Alpecin to chase.

It is also just as possible that Pog and MVP end up cancelling each other out and wait for the other to make a move, etc.

Definitely worth watching. I didn’t have enough time to watch when the real split happened but the last 30-40k is pretty exciting.

He’s been making some super gutsy moves in the last year or so. It’s too bad that he rarely seems able to hold them to the finish though. 2 of his moves in DDV were probably good enough to be dangerous if the group behind just looked at eachother for a couple more seconds. I’m always surprised by the punch he has to get separation.

He’s a beast, but I can’t worship a stache like that :rofl:

Wout confirmed out with COVID….fook.

But at least JV is being straight up about it and none of this “bronchitis” or “sickness” nonsense.

Hopefully he can recover for Roubaix, but seems kinda doubtful. The extra week in between this year will help, though.

5 Likes

It’s weird that there has been so much “bronchitis” with no discussion of COVID. Seems out of touch. Better to just come out and say it, move on.

3 Likes

1 Like

Race is gearing spicy now….Kwaremont #2 coming up!

Three groups separated by less than a minute.

Asgreen dropped his chain w/ ~40k to go just as MVP drops the hammer. Horrible timing…his day is likely done.

Oh man….MVP came so close to cracking the last time up the Paterburg….now can he finish off Pog in the sprint?

Not only that - not even let him get 2nd :joy:

WOW….WHAT A FINISH!!

Crazy!

2 Likes

That was genius by MvdP… respect!
Edit: and once again SDworx shows how to execute race wins as the dominant team. Textbook racing right there :ok_hand:

2 Likes

How to snatch 4th from the hands of victory.

3 Likes

VAN DER POEL WINS IN FLANDERS AS POGACAR FINISHES FOURTH IN TWO-HORSE RACE

Great headline!

2 Likes

Amazing to think MVDP races Wednesday as if it was a workout, won, recovered two days, and won his A race in the cycle (so far) today! Wow. That’s like super human

What a race. MVdP rode super smartly. Looking at the Strava graph, which I’m not going to pretend I’m an expert at reading, it really looks like he used hardly any matches. Made some key efforts at key times and had gas in the tank.

That end had me hanging on the end of my saddle though!!

Pidcock looked strong but never seemed to have the positioning/timing right. Obviously Pogacar was amazing.

The front on camera really didn’t show how close it came to being a huge stuff up. In the end he had the horsepower, but dang, that overhead shot showed how close the chasers came with much more speed.

3 Likes

Some analysis of his power file here which you might enjoy reading :grinning:

3 Likes

Great read, thanks!

1 Like