The new calendar feature kills the current training plan?

As I saw you saying updates will be coming out soon, today even, when I launched the web interface, I was prompted to add my current plan again. I figured this might be a fix to this start date problem, so I proceeded. Now I have 2 of the same plan running concurrently; 2 of each workout, double the TSS planned. Haha :smile:
Haven’t found a way to delete one of them yet.
I’ll contact support if I can’t sort this out.

While the Calendar screen is a good addtion, removing the Current Plan screen messes everything up. Can you please bring it back. I think having both Calendar and My Plan options can work.

I love just having the summary of the completed and upcoming workouts without the calendar interface.

4 Likes

+1 for the old Career view. The new Calendar view looks great, but I really liked the simplicity of Career.

4 Likes

I was really looking forward this new Calendar but as it is, is a complete mess. Maybe the increase in the price is to pay for the new engineers to solve this mess :smile:

1 Like

I am similarly frustrated with this issue\update. What a waste of my time. I just want to jump on my bike and train!! Now my plan has gone and no easy way to add it back. Support you are welcome to go and correct this for me.

1 Like

+1 rubbish update. I just want to ride my bike!

1 Like

I now see that all plan history has disappeared also.

We’ll get this sorted out for you, @sbright! I’m having someone from my team get in touch with you right now.

I’m sorry you’re frustrated. :frowning: Keep an eye on your email though!

how do i “un-skip” rides in my plan with the new calendar feature? It seems that skipped rides are no longer on the calendar (understandably) but now I can’t find it to reset it. I’d like to move some of my skipped rides to diff days on the calendar.

I was going to post asking what happens if you click the button to add the existing plan but already have the plan in the calendar. It’s asked me a couple of times now, so I have to keep saying no. Maybe it gives up eventually? I had the beta so already have my plan in there. No big deal.

I hope you sort out the teething problems soon. I like being able to drag things around - I am in a rowing squad and am having to fit my TR workouts in around the rowing schedule and my fatigue levels.

I don’t see why this feature was needed. Is it really that hard someone to do their Thursday workout on a Wednesday?

Also why do we need to add swim and run workouts? We all have TrainingPeaks accounts. A better update would have been able to push our TR plan onto the TP calendar.

1 Like

I don’t have a TP account and don’t plan to. It would appeaR that TR finds value in the addition to Tri specific data since there is such a large following of users. I don’t personally enjoy the idea of Tri but it does have a place.

2 Likes

@steviemtb If you didn’t do a prescribed ride, the Calendar will automatically skip it. If you click and drag that workout on the Calendar page of the website to a date in the present or future, it’ll be unskipped.

Hi Alen, thanks for the feedback! The Calendar is something we decided to create based off of continued user demand, although you’re right that in the past you could just do a Thursday workout on a Wednesday and keep on rolling. Like @bigdaddynewt said, not everyone also has a TP account, and we want to become your one-stop shop for training and planning! We are currently working on exporting functionality of the Calendar.

I don’t want auto skip. Nor do I wish to manage rides in a calendar.

1 Like

@larry the problem is that I don’t see skipped rides on the calendar to be able to move them to a future date. The rides I would like to “unskip” I skipped BEFORE migrating to the calendar. could that have something to do with why they’re not available on the calendar?

Thanks. That worked. Had to guess which one I was deleting as they both had the identical name (General build mid volume). Ended up being the already existing plan that had other workouts I manually added. So had to go back and add those all back in. A little feedback for you @Nate_Pearson. Keep typing like a madman @Nate_Pearson :slight_smile:

1 Like

I absolutely love the new calendar. If you are looking for the formula for adding your current active plan to the new calendar, I am posting it below…

(▽ 2 +f 2 0 σ ∂ 2 ∂p 2 )ω−f 0 σ ∂∂p [V g → ⋅▽(1f 0 ▽ 2 ϕ+f)]−1σ ▽ 2 [V g → ⋅▽(−∂ϕ∂p )]+)

5 Likes

I don’t want auto skip. Nor do I wish to manage rides in a calendar.

This. What options do we have?

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from The new calendar feature kills the current training plan?:

Just to add that I’m one more that thinks this calendar is great, but don’t screw with what you did well! assign outdoor rides, total ease/flexibility of managing the plan (some of us have hectic lifes, I’m sorry!), etc…

And, sorry if I missed it, but where the h**l is my plan feature, AND my plan history!!!???

It looks good, but after some days of scrolling through this, damn annoying! think better next time, moving on and screwing the past, had it to be this way!?

1 Like