The Bike Fitting Mega-Thread

Hey guys, I was hoping you could give me some feedback on my TT position. I’ve converted my road bike to accomodate a TT position and I fully realize the position is probably never going to be perfect due to road bike geometry limitations. But, this is what I’ve got to work with.

Background:

• Started adjusting position to TT in november last year. Main focus is being comfortable and able to produce ok power.
  • Spent the entire winter fiddling with the position and training indoor in tt position as much as possible
  • Shifted the seat foreward and up and got a new saddle (Bontrager Hilo Comp). This allows me to sit more on the nose getting closer to the BB and opening my hip angle.
  • Upgraded my stem form 80mm to 110mm because I was feeling cramped
  • Put 50mm risers under the aerobar (Profile Design Subsonic) for better comfort. Currently at an 8.5cm drop from saddle to pads.
  • Switched from 172.5mm to 165mm cranks. This also fixed my knee issues.

Stats:
Weight: 74kg
Height: 180cm
FTP: 246W (3.3W/KG) in upright position
TT Power: Outdoor best is 260W for 8 minutes. Indoor I regularly do intervals in TT position, like today’s last interval on Darwin. All workouts are based on upright FTP, so I feel my TT FTP is probably in the ballpark of 5-10% lower than my upright ftp.
TT Position feel: Current position feels pretty comfortable and sustainable. No issues doing outdoor rides of 1hr+ all in this position. Even on low power recovery rides on the indoor trainer there aren’t too many issues with comfort.

Goals:
Get faster :slight_smile:
Sub 3 hour 100km TT on flat course (standard road kit, so no aero helmet/overshoes/skinsuit)

I feel like my main focus now should be to slowly go lower in the front. But I’d like to hear your feedback first and see if there’s any other adjustments I should make.

Fotos: