Sweet Spot Progression

Impressive numbers! I belatedly did a semi-serious SST progression the last month and wish I had started earlier. Intervals.icu and JOIN both have me at 294 (which is pretty good for this time of year) based on max-ish efforts. I very comfortably did a 3x20 at 90% with 3 minute rests this morning, so I suspect it’s a bit higher.

My big push this winter was for volume, but I think I could’ve added a secondary focus on a solid SST progression without blowing anything up.

I’m doing a 3+ endurance ride on the trainer tomorrow morning, then getting ready for Rasputitsa in two weeks with Muddy Onion the following weekend.

Then I think I’ll focus on an SST progression outdoors for a while to lead me into VT Overland, my summer A event. Just following a straight-forward progression increasing TTE really seems to pay huge dividends and yet so few pre-made plans actually focus on that. I just checked Fascat and some other plans and it doesn’t look like anyone does more than 48 minutes out of the box.

4 Likes