Sweet Spot Interval Length

Apologies for this being an old thread (I did not bring it back to life!)

Question for you about your comments around “even if it’s your nth time doing the plan, TiZ doesn’t get any longer.” Paraphrasing.

At some point, even your longer custom interval lengths (30, 45, 60 min, etc.) are capped right? It’s not like every year you’re progressing through your custom plan and constantly upping the TTE and TiZ, or in a few years in you’d be doing like 3 hour SS intervals.

If the above is true, every “nth time”, you’ll be doing the same TiZ in your plan, over and over (just like TrainerRoad’s but theirs has shorter intervals). But like with TrainerRoad’s plan, the “nth time” change is your FTP setting and doing progressively more kJ, not a never-ending lengthening of intervals.

I mean, that’s how all training plans work. It’s not like once you master 3-min VO2 intervals, you continue working to 4, 5, 6, 10-min intervals. No. At some point it becomes impossible, and at some point you hopefully increase your FTP setting and start over with the progression. Right?

So really, it’s more to fair to say that you’d like to see TrainerRoad have longer SS interval progressions, out to say 60min.

Am I wrong?

2 Likes