Specialized Tarmac SL8 (2023)

I’m also 190 and I’m now on a 38cm Bar, I Think I could go down to 36 with flare and that wouldn’t feel to narrow, my new Supersix evo (last generation) came with a 44cm Bar, that felt sooo wrong, I really don’t get why they still spec very wide bars on bikes… If the Enve Bars weren’t so expensive I would really like to try one…

If the new SL8 Cockpit doesn’t come in 38 that would be laughable and I doubt many riders would be too happy…, as a Consumer it is still infuriating that you can’t just spec the cockpit you need and instead need to buy another one for 400+ .

A bit of chat over on WW about minimal shaping changes but maybe applying a fair bit of what’s been learned about layup from the Aethos to get the frameset even lighter.

1 Like

deeper headtube and fork interface. current SL7 seat tube and BB, aethos rear end.

1 Like

Thank you Guys!

The head tube is absolutely awful. It looks like a clear step backwards…
Looks a lot like this thing from 3T

2 Likes

Your name is aero is everything and you’re calling the head tube a step backwards…

5 Likes

What’s the claimed savings?

Get your SL7 now!!! :running_man:t2::running_man:t2::running_man:t2:

That head tube creates 20W of style drag standing still.

This is just hideous

5 Likes

And there you have it . . . SL8. [Photo credit to Jz91 on Weightweenies.]

4 Likes

What’s going on with those headtubes. :eyes:

3 Likes

What a monstrosity…lol people couldn’t believe the render was actually accurate

5 Likes

Exactly the same initial reaction…

ETA - is that Allipillipe’s bike in the foreground with the round alloy bars and normal stem? Looks pretty big for him, though…

1 Like

Im confused here

1 Like

13 Likes

8 Likes

Uncut steerer tubes. The pros really are just like us regular people.

4 Likes

I was waiting to see someone call out the “top hats” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sticker on the seat stay says Andre Czerny? I’m reading it wrong… Josef

Introducing the new Specialized “At least we don’t have that freaky seat tube/top tube junction Z-thing” Tarmac.

2 Likes